Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Which clubs and activities?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
To which university clubs do you belong and in which activities do you participate?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was in the Athletics club but sadly left quite promptly due to lack of commitment and lack of funds........

I felt quite bad about that so I am aiming to join another club next year, possible swimming.........
    I was involved with SCA (Student Community Action) and helped look after children as they played with dough, painting etc

I would love to be the leader of the project next year but due to being in my second year I am not so sure.
    I was in the alt music, poetry, drama, creative writing and law societies.
    Originally posted by Molly
    drama, law societies.

;)

I'm hoping to start a debating club. I've already enquired into the possibility of doing this, and I am allowed - I just need to initially attract a least 15 members, which shouldn't be hard through advertising throughout the uni and on the students' union website.

I will hopefully be joining the Mountain Walking club (I like hiking) and possibly something like caving.
    In my first year I was in the debating soc (I left quite quickly, as I just tended to sit there silently, a bit scared to join in), Roc-Soc (I left 'cos it was a bit too nu-metal for me, plus my ex was there and it was all too embarrassing to go back to) and Labour Club (pulled my current bf at the AGM :D:o)

In my second year I cartied on with Labour Club, got involved with Widening Participation ("Bristol Uni's great, kids, go on, apply, you know you want to" ;) ) and joined AIESEC. While I thought AIESEC's aims and objections (international exchange, work experience, understanding etc.) were brilliant, it needed a hell of a lot of commitment, which I couldn't give.

At the mo I'm in Hannover, seeing what the Juso (German equivalent to Labour Club) do, but when I'm back in Brissle I'll be back with WP and Labour Club again