Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

O2.co.uk is annoying me - please help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know how to stop this?

Whenever I get an e-mail sent to my O2.co.uk e-mail address, it sends the beginning of the message to my phone as a text. Since almost all the e-mail I get to that account is junk mail, it's starting to get annoying! I can't figure out how to stop these text alerts. Can anyone enlighten me?

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmm. I also use o2 for my internet mailing but don't receive txts when I get mail. I've had a look on the website for configuration and preferences but can't see any reference to this problem. Best I can suggest is to give them a phone.
    Soz xx
  • Options
    Can't you log on to the O2 website and unclick a preference to remove the email alerts?

I signed my Dad up for holiday alerts from O2 - thought it was supposed to be only for 2 months - but we're still getting them 6 months later!!
  • Options
    02 is bloody crap...

For the last 3 months, 6 times a day i get the 'your top up has been successfull message'... and i only top up once a month!

They keep calling me too, at really annoying times, and when my battery is low.

Call em up and screw at em!
  • Options
    Yeah! OMG! They phoned me once at 4am - no joke - I was asleep in bed! It woke me up vibrating so I answered... 'Hi, It's so-and-so from O2, we'd just like to ask you some questions, you could win £20,000!' (or something like that) I was like like 'Meh, it's 4am, you fucking dickhead...'

Can't say they phoned me back after that :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams
    Yeah! OMG! They phoned me once at 4am - no joke - I was asleep in bed! It woke me up vibrating so I answered... 'Hi, It's so-and-so from O2, we'd just like to ask you some questions, you could win £20,000!' (or something like that) I was like like 'Meh, it's 4am, you fucking dickhead...'

Can't say they phoned me back after that :p

Ever thought that could of been a mate messing about...?

Just a thought. :)
  • Options
    I tried logging onto the website but I can't see the option to get rid of it anywhere. It lets you block alerts from certain e-mail addresses, but not just get rid of all the alerts altogether.

I've e-mailed them now.