Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Law essay - YoUr opinions on bail

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive gotta do another damn essay on law, in this one itll help if ive got other peoples opinions on Bail [shit huh?!]... what you like about it, what you dont, advantages, disadvantages, suggestions etc.

If u kno anythin about it and u got an opinion id be greatful if u posted somethin. thanx.

Comments

• Options
    A major part of reading Law is that you use the library a lot - in fact, Law is more of a library course than anything else! So I recommend you start your research and planning there.

In addition, you could do a search on the internet for up-to-date information.
  • Options
    thanks for the advice... im meant to be goin to the library sometime next week cus the one by me sux. I just get tired of it cus its the subject im best at and ive gotta work my ass off to keep gettin A*s - everythin else I get like c's lol

thanks again
  • Options
    Re: Law essay - YoUr opinions on bail
    Originally posted by MoonWalkingsFun
    ive gotta do another damn essay on law, in this one itll help if ive got other peoples opinions on Bail [shit huh?!]... what you like about it, what you dont, advantages, disadvantages, suggestions etc.

If u kno anythin about it and u got an opinion id be greatful if u posted somethin. thanx.

Isn't the point of Bail to charge someone for a crime but have a way to ensure they come back for their trial?

The bigger the crime the greater the bail - unless the crime is so great and the person considered so dangeroous that bail is denied and therefore the person is in effect locked up without a trial?

Don't a lot of people committ suicide whilst on remand (i.e. where bail was denied?)

Why don't we give people the option of being tagged whilst on bail? That way they can be monitored 24/7 without the need to be put on remand (for many crimes).
  • Options
    Re: Re: Law essay - YoUr opinions on bail
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Why don't we give people the option of being tagged whilst on bail? That way they can be monitored 24/7 without the need to be put on remand (for many crimes). [/B]

No dont give them the option........Make them, obviously depending on what crime they have been charged with.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonWalkingsFun
    thanks for the advice... im meant to be goin to the library sometime next week cus the one by me sux. I just get tired of it cus its the subject im best at and ive gotta work my ass off to keep gettin A*s - everythin else I get like c's lol

So it's a GCSE course?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Law essay - YoUr opinions on bail
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    No dont give them the option........Make them, obviously depending on what crime they have been charged with.

noo.. I meant give them the option of staying in jail until your trial or have a tag fitted. I think the tags in use are actually crap .. I think they only work by telling the authorities you are at home at a set time of the day - I don't think they actually track where you go during the day - but it's pretty easy technology to make these days ... I use a GPS all the time.

Although if it was up to me I'd create a tag with GPS and a system to constantly update the police with your position and install a knock out drug in the tag so if you wonder off where you shouldn't or don't turn up for your trial it injects you with a drug that makes you go to sleep whilst the police come and get you.
  • Options
    Our opinions on bail don't matter - it is your essay!

Sheesh!
  • Options
    bail is essential to stop the prison system crumbling through overcrowding. the uk has more people locked up than anywhere else in europe all ready and the system is under severe strain.
    the more overcrowded the jails, the more inhumane and dangerous they become for inmates and staff. would you like to be charged with something you didn't do, get thrown in a grim grim jail, only to be found not guilty nearly a year later?
    bail is refused for people who have broken it in the past or are deemed a dangour. also if the police can convince the court your likely to abscond or commit crime.
    the technology is there for tagging and 24hr survielance ...why is it not in place.
  • Options
    So it's a GCSE course?

Yep... im not really lookin for a career in law to be honest but its my best subject... A* last exam :D
    Our opinions on bail don't matter - it is your essay!

Wrong - I was told to find out what other peoples opinions were on the bail system... so if im told by the guy who marks it that i need to examin other peoples opinions then that means that they matter.... hmm :rolleyes:

This is helpin me out alot. Thanks :D

- ive never heard of tagging... I think i saw it on a film yesterday though lol. This guy had a thing strapped round his leg which beeped sometimes... dunno :(

thnx again