Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Winmx

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
k so im new to the whole downloading music off the net and stuff,
but have just downloaded a program called WinMX, recommended to me by a friend. does anyone have it and can tell me a bit more about how it works? there doesnt seem to be much on it that tells you how to work it and stuff, or am i just completely stupid?

Comments

• Options
    It's shite.

Get KaZaA Lite instead.
  • Options
    Nahh, Kazza is weak. The search results are shite. WINMX is nice and simple, gives me loads os search results and downloads quite quick.

Take a butchers at this site http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d-morris/..Should tell you all you need to know.
  • Options
    i find that kazaa lite is good for most things, although the near impossible to get things can be found on winmx.

only real problem is that you get a lot of mood - outs on winmx and they wait till your a quarter way finished downloadin something and they cancel the transfer.
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Originally posted by Braidsta
    i find that kazaa lite is good for most things, although the near impossible to get things can be found on winmx.

only real problem is that you get a lot of mood - outs on winmx and they wait till your a quarter way finished downloadin something and they cancel the transfer.

true.

found winmx to be really slow too