Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What Makes One Club Better Then Another?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What is it that makes one club and the actual venue better then another?

For me a big dance floor without pillars in the way is always a bonus - I hate it when there's a giant pillar blocking the floor.

Also as I saw yesterday an outdoor section in the summer is lovely, no smoke, fresh air and quiet apart from the sound of people chatting.

A DJ that doesn't love the sound of their own voice is good too, last night some idiot DJ just wouldn't shut up - lowering the volume onthe sound and yapping away -do most people care what the DJ has to say? It' not Radio!!

Good bouncers who are respectful and not built like a stack of bricks is good too.

Bar tenders who don't give you a glass of coke without first filling the entire height of the glass with ice are good.

Good food at the club as well is a bonus - most club food is crap on a plate. A few weeks ago I had a hot burger placed inbetween a bun straight out of the freezer.

so what about yourselves?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    1. No money grabing promoters
    2. NO main stream music.

The place has gotta play decent upfront music.. not like Flip 'n Fill or DJ Sammy.

The best events are illegal raves or -"free party's- They have always got nice people and good music. Their best out doors in mid summer.
  • Options
    Don't particularly care about the music - i'd measure a club's standards by the attitude of the bouncers, the feel of the place, the range of drinks (should ideally have better stuff than a little 275ml bottle of Carlsberg), the price of drinks (should be nice and low!), the availability of the drinks (not good if they run out), the people (lots of pikey rude boys doesn't go down well with me), how clean the place is, and above all, how much fun it is being there.
  • Options
    All i can measure a club on is the music, cant say most of my regular haunts are the nicest looking places iv ever been in but if its dark and im dancing i dont really care anyway. There has to be a nice atmosphere cant be doin with clubs were everyone is in little groups that kick off with each other but maybe thats just round my way... Lots of bar staff is always a plus so that you dont have to que for ages and toilets that dont flood are also an added bonus but to tell you the truth i dont really care, unless im with my old school mates i go where i go because they play the music i like and because it has a nice atmosphere :D
  • Options
    The music first and foremost

The people... it tends to be same crowds sticking to each club round our way ~ and unless it takes me 20 minutes to get out of the toilets because every1s chatting to me in not happy.. i like friendly clubs!

And it has to be clean ~ nothing worst than parking my bum on a chair or sofa to get a black arse, or leaning up against a wall to be covered in slime! (if its a rave though~that jsut adds to the fun!)

But to be honest, as long as theres a good atmosphere and good music thats all that really matters, the best clubs got all 3!
  • Options
    Re: What Makes One Club Better Then Another?
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

A DJ that doesn't love the sound of their own voice is good too, last night some idiot DJ just wouldn't shut up - lowering the volume onthe sound and yapping away -do most people care what the DJ has to say? It' not Radio!!

A place without one of them DJs!

Somewhere with decent music - the biggest club in our town has a thing with brittney spears at the mo :rolleyes:

Somewhere without those twats that can't control the urge and start fights on anything that moves.

and friendly people of course!

Perfect!
  • Options
    Does size matter?

I mean is there such a thing as a club being too big or too small?

I tend to prefer larger clubs with rooms to explore.
  • Options
    my regular has a main room and a chill out room. it only houlds about 600people but that just means that everyone knows everyone and makes it even more fun. oohhh and they have just had ps2's and x-boxes fitted in the chill out room wanna try playin one of them when smashed. head battering i assure you lol:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    my regular has a main room and a chill out room. it only houlds about 600people but that just means that everyone knows everyone and makes it even more fun. oohhh and they have just had ps2's and x-boxes fitted in the chill out room wanna try playin one of them when smashed. head battering i assure you lol:D

Game consoles sounds like a fun idea .. I assume they are secured some how to stop people nicking them?
  • Options
    Having a lazer to worship is always a plus!!
  • Options
    My local nightclub had one for one night only - big green laser .. was interesting to watch from a distance in the VIP section BUT down on the dance floor I didn't like it when the thing would end up lasering you in the eye.

Still made thing more interesting having the laser there