Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Beckham's OBE

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do people think he deserves his OBE?

I think it's a bit premature - he's still very young and it's not as if he's won the world cup or anything.

I just think it's the royals going for the popular vote.

Comments

• Options
    Not really. I didn't know he had one either. But then loads of people get OBEs. They're common as muck these days.
  • Options
    will he be sir beckam?:confused:
    *is clueless*
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    will he be sir beckam?:confused:
    *is clueless*

Don't think so, think being knighted is different :confused:
    Do people actually take notice of these things anymore? As you can tell I dont!
  • Options
    hmm........yeah i think your right.

And anyway, what does it mean getting it i mean, do you get a medal or invites to cool stuff? Or just an audience with the queeny chick
  • Options
    It's recognition for outstanding contribution - for instance I think Bob Geldof more then deserved his OBE for the work he did in raising money for people in Africa and helping save so many lives.

Beckham I think if he was a team player would have stayed out of those last world cup matches after he injured himself. He was totally useless in many of those matches.

I remeber the ball going off and Beckham went to throw the ball in most of the time - and I'm thinking to myself throwingthe ball to your team is the easiest job, this guy's supposed to be a striker he should be waiting for someone to throw the ball to him and score. All those thow in's said to me he knows he's not up to the job becuase of his injury but he still chose to play when someone who is fit would have been better on the day.
  • Options
    Ince was ten times the captain he is or ever will be.

He is a good player, but overrated.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Ince was ten times the captain he is or ever will be.

He is a good player, but overrated.

Beckham is like watching a walking marketing advert - new hair styles not because it suits him or because he likes it but because it get him inthe paper and thousands of guys out there are dumb enough to copy it even if it mean they look like pratts!!

I don't think he's leadership material and he has a voice like a fairy!! One of the best cases of the voice not matching the looks!!
  • Options
    This is a disgrace!Beckham has an OBE for what really?Where as Bobby Moore world cup winning captain for 90 games!Probably the best centre back ever and he gets fuck all!!!!!!!!

(sorry Moore is just my hero and it makes me go mad!)