Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Goo Goo Dolls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
K, most of you might only know them from that Iris song,but are there any fans of their other stuff on this site??
I've got that dizzy up the girl album and its brill. Just wondering, does anyone know if they are still together or what? I tried to go to their website but i keep getting cut off from the net when I do (my computer is fecked!)
I think i saw something bout "Gutterflower", is this a new/old album or single or something?? They're really good :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i like goo goo dolls i only like Gutterflower and the song Here Is Gone, yes i heard they have split up but i couldn't promise you that.
  • Options
    I've copied Dizzy up the Girl from a friend, and I :heart: it! Slide's my favourite song, but I still like Iris - the only one I'd heard before I got the album.

So what other stuff have they done? Anyone got another album to recommend?
  • Options
    Gutterflower was the last album they released. It was pretty boring to be honest and did not live up to their previous work.

Iris is a beautiful song so I will always respect them for that, but they're a bit samey and dreary for my tastes.

I don't think they have split up. They're on tour with Bon Jovi in the US this summer.
  • Options
    can't really recommend anymore goo goo dolls stuff i can tell you a few good bands like them,

Three Doors Down - Kryptonite
    Third Eye Blind - Story Of A Girl
    Third Eye Blind - Jumper
    The Calling - Stigmatized
    Matchbox 20 - Bent
  • Options
    Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls, tis a good un :yes:
  • Options
    They haven't split up (yet) but they're thinking of calling it quits soon apparently. Although they are touring in the summer like bumblebee said.
    I think Dizzy up the Girl were as good as it got to be honest - I didn't particularily like any of their other stuff. As much as I love Dizzy, there's only so much whimsical wailing I can take.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    They haven't split up (yet) but they're thinking of calling it quits soon apparently. Although they are touring in the summer like bumblebee said.
    I think Dizzy up the Girl were as good as it got to be honest - I didn't particularily like any of their other stuff. As much as I love Dizzy, there's only so much whimsical wailing I can take.

Thanx for the replies! I dont think i'll bother spending money on the Gutterflower album then. Might actually get the calling's one instead like the-macca suggested. Gonna do some serious shopping tomorrow :)