Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Ever been in a fight?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever been in a physical fight other then with brothers and sisters... thinking about it I've always talked my way out of them but I also avoid a lot of circumstances where a fight might occur .... so how about you?

Ladies had any cat fights lately?

Guys how did the other guy look and what was the damage?

Comments

• Options
    Yeh been in a few,but not in a few years,i dont think anyone wants to fight anymore.

The Cannabis has taken its lazy tole,alot of people are laid back now a days ever since most people i know are smokin.
    Well i wont be complaining,dont see the real point in fighting, only if its really necessary.
  • Options
    Re: Ever been in a fight?
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

Nope, have never been in a fight. I'm a nice girl :p
  • Options
    Yep... but only under controlled sparring conditions and wearing gloves and foot pads. I used to enter karate competitions. Even though it's all closely controlled, I've still had a few injuries.
  • Options
    No.Im like prob da hardest one out me mates.But they dont mind getting in fights.I remember when 2 lads threatened me and i just walked off and told me mates at a club.Where they were ect.They stormed off and pinned 2 other guys up against a wall but i walked in and told em to stop it!lol
  • Options
    More than a few :/
  • Options
    When I was about 13 I was playing on the park out the back of where I then lived and I was on the bar things, u know, the ones u hang upside down on? Anyway, Gemma this girl who used to always get me into trouble, heh, come running up to me and decided to pull my hair and stuff. :| She ended up pulling loads out. I ran off home to tell my mum and she had the cheek to come and knock on my door to see if I wanted my hair back. :|

3 years down the road and I got in a fight with her again but this time I had her on the floor just about to punch her and thought I’d get her back so pulled her hair and then offered it back. :D She hasn’t been near me since. *Sigh*
  • Options
    I've never had a real (cat) fight. But I once pulled my classmate down on her hair after most of my class ganged up against me. :( And after "beating" her I started crying. :lol:
  • Options
    Last friday i head butted my ex-gf's new boyf.

:(

Nearly got arrested.

Violence solves nothing.

(just proves im not a pretty boy, like everyone thinks i am)
  • Options
    Yes, when I was 13.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheCymruKid
    Last friday i head butted my ex-gf's new boyf.

Why'd u do that? Coz shes no longer your bitch?
  • Options
    Yeah, I had one last night actually when I was on the piss!!! she used to be a mate but she lost the plot and started on me, big mistake when im drunk! and it happend again last night, ive got bruises all over my arms from where hands have gripped me pulling me away!

I got arrested about a month ago for fighting with a landlady, she was kicking me and my mates out cos I called her barman ugly, cos he called me summit, it was in jest on my part, so she flies at me and pushes me, so she got all she deserved! I was in a coppers pub too so all these coppers grabbed me til the on duty ones arrived. charges were dropped though as my good mates talked her round and told her she went for me first.

also I went on a date with someone who turned into a weirdo, any I was out the other week and seen his sister who started on me cos I didnt like her bro! I was drunk again, so she deserved all she got aswell!

that was all this year!! its only ever when im drunk and i dont ever agree with hitting someone first, i dont solve my problems with violence unless im greeted with it.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Note to self: Never piss Vicky off.

*backs away slowly*
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Note to self: Never piss Vicky off.

*backs away slowly*

lol

im not really that kinda girl, its just seems everyone else who i meet is like that, im the most placid nicest friendliest gal ever, and id never start on someone. its just when im drunk and someone wants a fight! im a bit of a lads girl and when i go out with the lads n the girls im the one always having play fights with the lads, its funny to me!
  • Options
    Yes... :rolleyes:

Im not really a person people start fights with luckily, and i dont start them either anymore, I just cant stand by if my mates are taking a beating. Then is the only time ill fight.
  • Options
    Re: Ever been in a fight?

Cat fights?! :p

i can give it as good as plenty of guys when i have to! So can a lot of women. We know how to throw a good punch too ya know mate! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheCymruKid

Violence solves nothing.

Bullshit :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Bullshit :p

I agree-ish sometimes there is no other way in the end, but its different with lads, they have a scrap, sort it, forget it:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I agree-ish sometimes there is no other way in the end, but its different with lads, they have a scrap, sort it, forget it:rolleyes:

Not all guys V V - one of the reasons I stay away from fights is I'm more scared of hurting the other guy too much.

Most guys almost play fight - a lot of them don't know what they are doing - espacially when they kick - they kick liek they are playing football - now after studying Karate and Tae Kwon Do (even though it been ages since I last practised) I feel once I let go I'd do so much damage to the other guy that I'd probably endup being carted away - espacially in this country - even if you're defending yourself.
  • Options
    Yes I have when I was about 14/15 with a guy at school. :o

He had been my friend since I was 11, but for some reason had turned into a complete tosser in about yr10 and started bullying my brother who is 2 yrs younger.

One day I'd basically had enough of him picking on someone almost half his size and so had what I thought was just going to be a word with him. He decided to smack me one round the face though and that set me off.

We were waiting to go into our Science lesson at the time, I smacked him one back so he decided to kick me and then grab my arms and shove me against the wall. I kicked him back and bit his arm so he let go of me. Blah blah blah.

A huge crowd soon formed and everyone was chanting "fight, fight, fight" which brought several of the teachers out of their meeting they were having in one of the rooms. We both got sent down to the Headmasters office and were made to do "litter picking" for a week or so. :rolleyes:

He stopped bullying my brother though and we're great mates again now and can laugh about it, but he was such a twat back then. :p:D
  • Options
    Not all guys V V - one of the reasons I stay away from fights is I'm more scared of hurting the other guy too much.

Most guys almost play fight - a lot of them don't know what they are doing - espacially when they kick - they kick liek they are playing football - now after studying Karate and Tae Kwon Do (even though it been ages since I last practised) I feel once I let go I'd do so much damage to the other guy that I'd probably endup being carted away - espacially in this country - even if you're defending yourself.

true, yeah I know not most guys, but they are so more straight to the point where as girls are bitchy and drag things out.

and your right, I know from first had experience police will not tolerate the slightest bit of violence.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *hellie*
    He stopped bullying my brother though and we're great mates again now and can laugh about it, but he was such a twat back then. :p:D

That reminds me of my very first day in High School.
    We used to have this bully in first and middle school called Steve.

He was about 2 years older then us and then he left for High School, then when I started High School I saw him and thought or no .. not him.

He saw me and recognised me and greeted me and stuff and basically said to me if anyone picks on me to tell him and he'll sort it out - he said he respected me cos when we were both in middle school I was the only one that stood up to him.

The funny thing was I don't even remember him ever bullying me in the first place - I remember him bullying other people but never me ... but I was pleased anyway.

I think sometimes the best way to defeat a bully is not to fight cos many grow up in violent household and hitting is all they understand. Staring someone out can work wonders, can really scare the sods to death!!
  • Options
    Yes, and I won, I slugged him until he fell back into a big puddle. He had been bullying me. :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    I've been in plenty of fights, and whoever said violence solves nothing is wrong.

If someone starts on me then the best way in mind mind to resolve the situation is for me to spark him out, before he sparks me out. Words don't wind me up but actions do and once I lose my temper and feel threatened, there's nothing that's going to stop me from laying in to them. It's also going to make me feel better - whether I win or lose (to an extent).

Fighting sorts it out - nice and quick and without all the bitching. In my experience enemies often end up mates after a good ruckus.

Fighting can be dangerous though - specially on the town cos there always the chance someone may stick you with a knife or glass you. It can also result in a record (hence my Violent Dissorder).
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Geezers need excitement?
    Originally posted by Skive
    I've been in plenty of fights, and whoever said violence solves nothing is wrong.

Sorry to disagree mate. Having been involved in many a fight, whether racial, football related or just city centre violence I can say that the none of them were worth it. Doesn't matter whether it started in self defence or not, I regret every one.

About ten years ago I read an article about how to defend yourself in various street situations(if the numbers on top, broken bottles, guns etc). The article was written by a guy who used to train SAS men in unarmed combat. His best advice was if you had the chance run like hell away from the situation if at all possible. Still one of the best pieces of advice I've ever seen.

I know someone who was killed by one punch, nobody ever knew that he had a thin skull and when he hit the ground he had a brain haemorrage. It was drunken bullshit and someone died. Nobody wants that on their concious for life.

O.W r.i.p
  • Options
    I haven't been in a fight but people have tried and I once hit someone at school that they didn't ever bother me again
  • Options
    Yeah.

Had my first proper fight at the age of 3. On my first day of playschool, a girl crayoned on my new dress so i slapped her and nearly got kicked out hehe.

I've been in fights with hammers, spanners, broken glass, keys, baseball bats, knives etc etc. Not many people tend to fight with their fists these days. I've had broken fingers, broken bones in my hand and had dislocations cos of fighting. As well as injuries caused.

Violence doesnt solve anything but it ends it quicker and shows someone you aint gonna be messed with.
  • Options
    I don't bother with fights these days. They tend to annoy me and I end up damaged in some way. So nowadays at the first sign of trouble I pull out my trusty .45 and loose a few rounds at whoever is closest.

Simple and effective.
  • Options
    Nope, I haven't been in a fight since school. So I've never been in a proper fight, and don't want to either.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    loads

gang warfare the other nite, bout 30 of em just comin runnin at us with trungens, 2 of us had to go to hospital for stitches... we were abit outnumbered, loads of people got kicked in tho - think we lost that one.

few days later we were fightin with em again and some more ppl went to hospital... then a few days later theyd wrote a message in the school toilets when we had teacher training day saying

"Kates hill are gona fu*k up ellowes scum just for joke. Standard Procedure"

- and nothin happened since hehe

I dont like fighting, but i love it when someone who thinks theyre hercules gets owned
  • Options
    In the movie the "Karate Kid" didn't Daniel get told he was being taught to fight so he wouldn't have to fight?

Sometimes I think it takes a lot more guts not to fight then to fight and for people who only know how to solve their problems with the fist it can scare them so much when you don't fight them because they no have to deal with your mind.

Some people though are totally brainless I remember at school standing at a bus stop with a friend and this kid about 3 years younger then us comes up and starts kicking my friend and punching away for no reason at all - we didn't even know him.

We pushed him away but didn't want to start punching cos he was so little. Even when we pushed him back he still kept coming back for more - weird kid!!

:p