Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

oh dear cant sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've woken up this morning really early cos I'm worried about my essay I am not sure whether I need to put quotes from books in it. It doesn't state whether I need them or not ... what should I do?

Comments

• Options
    i'd put them anyway just to be sure. as long as it doesnt tell u specifically NOT to put them they wont mark you down for using them
    good luck :)
  • Options
    Thing is the article needs to be handed in today so it leaves me little time to do anything about it. they asked me to do a summary of what I've learnt so i have I am not sure how quotes from other sources would be able to fit in.
  • Options
    i have just handed in my english essay and i had plenty of qoutes in, speaking to the teacher and she advised it.
    peace the-macca
  • Options
    Re: oh dear cant sleep
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    what should I do?

Panic ?

anyway why leave it till the day its due? your not setting a very good example are you.
  • Options
    Why don't you ask your lecturer about whether you're allowed to quote from texts? I'm sure that he or she will happily help.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Why don't you ask your lecturer about whether you're allowed to quote from texts? I'm sure that he or she will happily help.

but its due today Mobily, wont he/she be upset that its been left till now to complete?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    but its due today Mobily, wont he/she be upset that its been left till now to complete?

I don't see why they'd be upset - it's their job to help. :) Yeah, left it to the last minute, but if they can help I'm sure that they will.