Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What we must do

America has been attacked. We have been attacked directly on our home soil. The worse attack before this was Pearl Harbor, a day which will live in infamony. This attack wasn't against Soilders, Salior, Marines, or Airmen. It wasn't against those who swore to protect this land. This attack was agaisnt innocent civilians. Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters, Sons, and Daughters. It was against our friends and loved ones.

Pearl Harbor claimed the life of 2400 people, only 200 were civilians. Since 1972 there have been 365 American deaths to terrorism and about 1300 injured. Yesterday at least 10X that number were killed, most were civilians. They did not have weapons or any way to defend themselves.

There is no choice in this matter. America and her Allies must make these dogs pay for their actions. Any country or people that allowed these dogs to train, live, or carry out any part of this attack will pay the final price. They will become edified by the total power of NATO and will see just what capitalism is capable of.

This is not a US problem, it is a problem that the free world must resolve. They will pay dear for there ruthless attack on innocent civilians. The leadership of our Allies has already stated that this horrible attack was a ACT OF WAR. There is no turning back. Islam attacked us directly and we will respond with the full power of our military. OOH-RAH and Semper Fi
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Totally agree with you there BBH.

Article 5 of the NATO agreements is applicable and this attack is now classed as an attack on every NATO member. Its time to take the fight to the terrorists.
  • Options
    This not a war -against who?
    The USA would never launch a land assault on Osama Bin Laden,just carpet bomb Kabul-end result=bugger all,just thousands more innocent lives lost.
  • Options
    The USA would never launch a land assault on Osama Bin Laden,just carpet bomb Kabul-end result=bugger all,just thousands more innocent lives lost.

The USA wont be doing anything alone. Every single NATO member is now involved. They will not just bomb Kabul, its going to be a LOT more comprehensive. Bin Laden will be dead by new year.
  • Options
    the word napalm springs to mind, lets not waste the cost of nukes. Napalm it's cheaper..Oh yes and lets have some willy peter (make you a believer) mixed in for good measure.

warchild
  • Options
    When a rabid dog is running loose, what course do you take? Argue with it? Bribe it? Threaten it? Debate it?

You eliminate it. With extreme prejudice.

They are estimating 10 > 15,000 dead civilians. In one attack. An act of terrorism that Britain has NEVER witnessed. Not as colateral damage to a military target, but AS the target.

If there is colateral civilian losses to the reckoning, SO FUCKING BE IT! They called the music, let's see if they can dance to it.

If this reckoning is NOT prosecuted, quickly, brutally, and finally, then the young punk of the schjool yard has become the new bully, and his terror will only escalate at a dizzying rate.

Perhaps London will be next? Seems that fear is present within your government. Is THAT what would be required for you to pull your head out of your ass and be exposed to reality?

Time to invite Bin Laden to a BBQ... his own. All his friends will be there for the celebration. Call down a jihad, become edified to the magnitude of what you ask for.

The reckoning awaits...

OO-RAH!!!

[This message has been edited by berzerker (edited 13-09-2001).]

Image deleted by Dom

[This message has been edited by Dom Waghorn (edited 13-09-2001).]
  • Options
    A swift response is in order but let's just hold off on the Nuke stuff. We are however at war! That said. may God help us all!
  • Options
    soapbarbpy nobody is classed as an "innocent" anymore.

warchild
  • Options
    You are all aware that Bin Laden and the Mujahadin were trained and financed by the CIA, aren't you?
  • Options
    You are all aware that Bin Laden and the Mujahadin were trained and financed by the CIA, aren't you?

Yup, whats your point? They were financed in their fight against communism and the USSR. They werent financed by the CIA to fly into the WTC.

People, nations and organisations often change their policies.
  • Options
    Any country or people that allowed these dogs to train, live, or carry out any part of this attack will pay the final price.

I was responding to this

[This message has been edited by al (edited 13-09-2001).]
  • Options
    Originally posted by peacechild:
    the word napalm springs to mind, lets not waste the cost of nukes. Napalm it's cheaper..Oh yes and lets have some willy peter (make you a believer) mixed in for good measure.

warchild

yeh.. napalm would be a good answer...

NOT

read... http://www.cbc.ca/news/indepth/kimphuc/

can you people THINK before giving stupid, thoughtless opinions.

-w00t-
  • Options
    Nukes? Napalm? Unleash the dogs of war? Do you really want another generation of suicide bombers? This is what ‘they’ (whoever ‘they’ may be) want.
    May there be a true hell for those who perpetrated this and those allied with them and may they suffer for an eternity for each and every victim but let us not lower ourselves to their level in the process
  • Options
    Originally posted by Moonkat:
    Nukes? Napalm? Unleash the dogs of war? Do you really want another generation of suicide bombers?

Yes, but the way everyone sees it is like this:
    1 nuke=no more people to become suicide bombers.
    How can the terrorists recruit if they have no people to recruit from?
  • Options
    you really think there will be no more people to attack the US if they decide to nuke some random country?

jeez, you just don't understand why this happened, do you...
  • Options
    And just where do you propose to put this nuke then? You’ll have to wipe out pretty much half the world to kill everybody who bears America a grudge. And then their relatives. And their relatives. And their relatives and the whole merry-go-round continues.

I’m not paranoid enough to think their behind it but one of the people who benefit from this sickening act those powerful people who like the little folks cowed and submissive and need this to convince us rebellious little people that we need them and their protection. I do not want more freedoms removed to preserve my freedom but the writings on the wall.
  • Options
    I never said to nuke anybody al, all i gave was a reason for why everybody else wants to.
    You do know that at this moment in time, EVERY US senator in congress is crying out for revenge at this very moment in time. And it seems a lot of US citizens (Diesel for example)do too. And personally I don't blame them at all. I hope they get their revenge, to hell with morality. That went out the window when the whole thing started.

• Options
    *astounded*
    Where to start?
    There is no choice in this matter. America and her Allies must make these dogs pay for their actions. Any country or people that allowed these dogs to train, live, or carry out any part of this attack will pay the final price.
    Who exactly? It could have been the American government for all you know.
    the word napalm springs to mind
    A bit like Vietnam then? Forgotten about that little American atrocity have we? How many innocents died there? Who's the fucking terrorists now?

oooh my favourite piece of hypocritical nonsense...
    If there is colateral civilian losses to the reckoning, SO FUCKING BE IT! They called the music, let's see if they can dance to it.
    Wow. You really have no idea what you are saying do you?
    Perhaps that is exactly what the people who did this were thinking?
    quote:
    --You are all aware that Bin Laden and the Mujahadin were trained and financed by the CIA, aren't you?

--Yup, whats your point? They were financed in their fight against communism and the USSR. They werent financed by the CIA to fly into the WTC.

This serves to point out the unbelievable level of hypocrisy that these posts have. Look carefully at the first post by BBH.

- Al, MoonKat, Respect to your reason.

• Options
    "Who exactly? It could have been the American government for all you know."

I do know who, I can not say who though. By now you all should know where I work and lets just say everyone in throwing up. We will get our revenge and it will not be plesant for anyone!

"A bit like Vietnam then? Forgotten about that little American atrocity have we? How many innocents died there? Who's the fucking terrorists now?"

I don't feel like argueing this one again, but women and children were VC too. There was true civilians lost, but there are in any war.

"Wow. You really have no idea what you are saying do you?
    Perhaps that is exactly what the people who did this were thinking?"

Actually most of the people that posted know exactly what they are saying. Yeah, your right the Islamic Jihaud wanted there own people to burn to death, ok.

"quote:
    Any country or people that allowed these dogs to train, live, or carry out any part of this attack will pay the final price.

I was responding to this"

I hope you do. It will be interesting to see where your loyalties lay.
  • Options
    I actually hope that you DO get the planners of this atrocity but you have missed what some are saying here.

Some of the training of these people was carried out by the US. Expedience really, my ememy's enemy is my fried and now both Iraq and apparently Afghanistan have turned around and bitten the hands that fed them.

It is also becoming apparent that the 'pilots' may have been trained in the US (although their motives would not have been apparent).

So the question is HOW FAR do you take this war against terrorism? The UK has been under attack for 30+ years, are you going to support us if we go after the IRA? The loyalists? Noraid? Or is this just another case of the rest of us looking after US interests?

The war of terrorism MUST be fought against ALL terrorists, about that I have NO doubt. Are the US going to go all the way for once?
  • Options
    Maybe it might be good for the US to go against Afghanistan.
    Not poorly paid Iraqi conscripts this time!
    But battle hardened,committed,well-equiped fighters (American supplied)-plus they know the terrain ultra well.
    The russians couldnt dislodge them after 5 massive assaults on the mountains-what hope have the usa got?
    Surely we should seek a peacefull solution to this?

How about Israel half each?Palestinian and Jew?
    How about clamping down on corrupt ultra-rich gulf states?
    A handfull of millionaire Saudi Princes pimp it up around the globe while thousands of arabs rot in refugee camps.
    Unless we sort this out this sort of outrage will be unfortunately commonplace!
  • Options
    OK you American hardnuts try it.
    As soon as the first few 1000 bodybags come back youll bottle it.
    Peacefull solution please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sorry hun, Iraq didn't just have poorly trained conscipts. They had the 4th largest army in the world and the most advanced technology along with it. Even now their SAM sites are highly advanced (wish I could go further with you on this one, but that is where common knowedege and my top secret knowelege become confused with eachother)

As for everyone saying that "guess what, I bet you didn't know, the US trained them". No fucking shit! It is well known that Iraq was a ally of the US tell it attacked Kuwait. And yes we trained Bin Lauden and the like. That is like saying if you by a dog and it bites you or your child (or much worse) that you shouldn't shoot it in the head for it's actions. They are sub human, and have to be treated like such, unless we want them to become stronger and more confident.
  • Options
    The attack on america should be payed back with a nuke on Kabul, we should not be commiting any ground troops until we have to. A nuke on kabul would make it equal . one horrible outrage deserves another, we have several elements on our side to justify
    such a reprisal. (1) the intensity of the attack,(2), the fact that a surprising number of islamic people consider it to be funny, or not serious, (3) the guilt element, meaning that also a considerable number of non-fanatical ordinary islamic people feel guilty about what has happened,
    they know that the fanatics have done wrong, and so we are quite within our rights to begin this war with a big retaliation, A
    NUKE ON KABUL.
    they know they have done wrong they know they are guilty, they know that they must bow there heads in shame and accept a very very severe reprisal. WE ARE WITHIN OUR RIGHTS To NUKEM.
  • Options
    The attack on america should be payed back with a nuke on Kabul

I thought the very same when i first heard about the WTC but ive changed my mind now.

It would be an extremely bad idea to nuke Kabul...Firstly you probably wouldnt even get Bin Laden or anyone else who was actually involved in the attack..The Taliban will have seen all this talk by the various nations and you can bet that they are savvy enough to move their important people out of major target areas. The only people who are gonna be killed as a result of a nuke on Kabul are the normal Afghanis on the street..Killing hundreds of thousands of innocents who are already starving would make us no better than the terrorists.

Nuke Kabul and you will turn the entire country against the US and they will be flocking to the Taliban in droves.

The Afghanis are not people to fuck with if you can help it..They kicked the crap outta us Brits and they saw off the Soviet Union.

I believe we should send food and aid to the starving millions of Afghani citizens. This will not only get them to support us, it will also provide a huge amount of healthy recruits who will fight the Taliban. Remember most people in Afghanistan hate the Taliban and are terrified of them.

We need to support the anti-taliban forces in Afghanistan and we need to wipe out Bin Ladens organisation to a man. The Taliban also needs to be removed..They are an illegal govt recognised by only 3 countries in the world. They are nothing more than thugs and they need to be taken out.

You start lobbing indiscriminate nukes around Kabul then youre gonna make a hundred thousand martyrs and you will have the entire Muslim world on your arse.

We are supposed to be better than the terrorists. We must make sure we dont become the monster.
  • Options
    Most of your thinking is fairly spot on there Balddog. Except the food bit - you could end up with a well fed ENEMY too. Remember many of the Taliban were once US allies...

Which brings me to BBH's post. The point being made relates back to US foreign policy being connected to this attack. You trained the terrorists, you pissed them off, they attack you and now you want to wipe them out. Political expedience has cost you big and you need to reflect on that whilst you do wipe this scum off the face of the Earth.

Again, good luck to you, but don't write these people off as just another bunch of fanatics.
  • Options
    But dont you think that America made a massive mistake supporting the Islamic miltias during the 80s when they were fighting the USSR.
    And now they are probably about to embark on a another mistake.
    We shouldnt support them.
    But the attack was truly appalling i nearly cried seeing people hanging out of the building about to jump.
    Thats why i say no more horror.
    Capture bin laden.
    put him on trial in the hague.
    just a thought.

• Options
    But dont you think that America made a massive mistake supporting the Islamic miltias during the 80s when they were fighting the USSR.

God no...If the US hadnt supplied the Mujahadin then they woulda been wiped out by the Soviets...If that happened then Steelgates wet dream might have come true. Who knows what would have happened if the USSR took over Afghanistan completely and were able to tap into its oil.
    Capture bin laden.
    put him on trial in the hague.
    just a thought.

Ah well if its that simple they why not...I suspect his 30,000 followers might have something to say about that. You arrest him and put him on trial then you will have a thousand terrorist attacks witht he sole purpose of getting him freed.

The Haque has got no teeth now...Can you imagine the uproar if they actually hanged someone?
  • Options

• Options
    Originally posted by Balddog:
    . The only people who are gonna be killed as a result of a nuke on Kabul are the normal Afghanis on the street..Killing hundreds of thousands of innocents who are already starving would make us no better than the terrorists.You start lobbing indiscriminate nukes around Kabul then youre gonna make a hundred thousand martyrs and you will have the entire Muslim world on your arse.

We are supposed to be better than the terrorists. We must make sure we dont become the monster.

The first point of your quote, I think that is what they want to happen. The terrorists didn't kill any important people in New York, except maybe the fire chief, but instead killed thousands of innocent people, and before Steelgate says anything it doesn't matter that they were investment bankers or all those other types of people you hate, they were still people. They had their own lives, many were responsible for the lives of others. I think the American consensus is, "they killed innocents, we should kill innocents".

As for the second point, I agree with that whole heartedly, however I would like to make a point, whatever the USA decides to do the Muslim community will declare their ji-had, the way the USA see it is, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. They won't gain or lose anymore support if they use nukes or not.
  • Options
    I was thinking about the whole situation about the middle east and USA while having my brekkie today (normal occurance...eating brekkie that is) and i thought to myself as i watched Bush talking 'God help the people targeted by the USA, surely they have the power to blow another country into peices.' but then again i think we underestimate the power of the middle east countries. Everyone things so highly of the west because we are presumed more cultured, educated etc and we are told this daily but i think the middle east are stronger than we give them credit for. It takes a lot of brain to hi jack that number of planes without America suspecting a thing and flying them into some of the USA's most important buildings. To be honest, when America finds their target I will be scared for both sides equally because i think it'll be messy.
    *plonk* there goes the 2p!