Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

London marathon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hiya!
Just wanted to know has anyone done this?and how much training did you do for it?how did u find the race?i want to do it but i dont know where to sign up for it?so any clues as to where i could do this would be great, also i need to know how much training is involved as i dont have that much time.

Thanks xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    My mum did it a few times.

She did an awful lot of training, not sure exactly how many miles a week, but quite a few!

You could do a google search for "london marathon entries".

Do you run anyway?
  • Options
    Well i done cross country before i got pregnant but i would have to do alot of training as i havent done any serious running for 9 months!ive done running on a running machine but not much but im willing to work hard and train for it!do you get a medal at the end of it?
  • Options
    Just found out youve gota pay £60 to enter:( cant afford that at the moment looks like im gona have to put it off again:rolleyes: does anyone know any other races that i could run to raise money for charity?and so that you dont have 2 pay £60 to kill youself:p
  • Options
    I think my uncle trained for it and ran it

I don't know how much training he did etc because running isn't for me and if I remember right then I was in primary school when he ran it
  • Options
    Its not until next May.

You cant enter until Augest 1st at the earliest. surely you could get £60 by then.

You have to do a lot of training. A good 9 months before I'd say, but the more training you do the better you will do.

I started about 3 months ago.

You should start off running 7-8 miles a week at the start of your training and then gradually run more and more each month or every couple of weeks.