Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

It wasn't supposed to happen like this - now everything is wrong!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, something happened about 3 / 4 months ago, something that should not have happened. But because that has happened it has caused a series of events, which should have never happened. This series of events is bad. If it all ends well then I suppose it was meant to be but if it doesn't then it's gone wrong. If it's gone wrong I need to find out why. And the reason why is something I can never learn. Shit I hate this situation.

Comments

• Options
    Lol Shyboy I'd love to give some sympathy, advice or even understanding... but that was such a cryptic post! It doesn't really make sense without knowing whats going on...

Oh well, *hugs anyway* hope you feel better soon :)
  • Options
    Yeah same as above! *hugs*
  • Options
    II'll take you out for a pint or two. :p
  • Options
    Grrr ok. I'll tell you.

When Laura broke up with me, everybody around us seemed to change and it's ruining everything. Before, everyone was happy. Now, Adele and Emily have both fallen for me, Tom and Sam are messed up, and Laura shocks mee day to day by how she's changed. I was on the phone to her, just talking nicely and she said I'm "fucked up and insane" and she seemed to think it was ok to just say that. She seems to be losing the plot. Anyways, I don't see what happened. I mean, it's like life was going proper, how life should run you know? How everything has a meaning. It doesn't make sense. And it's easy enough me saying this because I can't accept she broke up with me, fair enough. But I do have to admit that just about everything going on around me after that has seriously weirded up and none of it really makes sense. There is a purpose, there must be. But I don't know, every subsequent event of that initial event has been bad. Do you beleive that life goes wrong sometimes? In that 'big' plan there is that someone misreads the script?
  • Options
    No, it's a state-of-mind: if you think pessimistically and not positively and believe that things are bad, then you will feel down. If, however, you are optimistic, forward-thinking and positive, then things will feel better. Naturally, it is difficult to get over a relationship, but you must move on whilst thinking optimistically and positively, which should result in feeling much better.
  • Options
    Cheer up mate :) *Hugs*

Yeh things go wrong, its a way of life i guess, nothings perfect and unfortunately the grass isnt always greener on the other side. Sorry that sounds really pestimistic, but then again, we cant live life pretending.

Try to look on the good side of things though to cheer yourself up.

Dont worry, be happy :)
  • Options
    Life just isnt fair ma friend... sometimes it hands ya the shitty deal and we gotta do whats best to bring out the good! :D

As shite advice as that was, its the best i have! :confused:

It'll get better, just stick it out! :)
  • Options
    Sometimes life goes a bit poo and pear-shaped, and people act differently - people you thought were friends turn out not to be, and vice versa... things change.... The only thing I can say to comfort you is firstly you're not alone, and secondly things can only get better - you'll get used to the changes and life will perk up a bit.

Try not to focus so much on 'everything since Laura dumped' you, and think more about NOW and what's happening at the moment. Not everything is a consequence of that point in time, you can change that and your actions NOW will dictate what happens next in your life. That make any sense? :confused:

Basically don't get so down about it, and yeah go for a pint with Mobily :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Do you beleive that life goes wrong sometimes?

Life is a bitch aint it, things seem to be going fine, everything running smoothly then *crash* it all comes falling down.

I honestly could write a book about things which I class as major which have gone off in my life, some of that stuff has been on these boards. I seem to pick myself back up again and before I know it something else happens.

I guess what im trying to say is you may be having a bad time now but you will have better times ahead. We all do have rocky patches (just remember me last week) but ive managed to sort them out, hopefully things will sort themselves out for you and you will be back to normal again :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    No, it's a state-of-mind: if you think pessimistically and not positively and believe that things are bad, then you will feel down. If, however, you are optimistic, forward-thinking and positive, then things will feel better. Naturally, it is difficult to get over a relationship, but you must move on whilst thinking optimistically and positively, which should result in feeling much better.

That's exactly it though. I can feel optimistic at the same time, but since this all the events that happened afterwards never made sense to me. It wasn't that I didn't like them, but I used to be on top of everything. I used to be able to explain how life worked, because everything was 1 + 1 = 2. But now 1 + 1 = 3. It's not just the break up thats got to me - because we might of broke up afterwards anyway. It just felt, odd. So something happened wrong. Maybe because it was sunny that day. There are so many things that fit together to make our life experience unique and what it is its impossible to say what it was. All I can say is since that, everything feels kinda wrong. Here's a scary thought - we weren't supposed to go out, then she wouldn't have broken up with me, thus there would be no 'wrongness' in the air. Heres a scarier thought - she should never have been born. Or her parents should never have met. I have no idea either way somethings up :(
  • Options
    It's not just the break up thats got to me - because we might of broke up afterwards anyway. It just felt, odd. So something happened wrong. Maybe because it was sunny that day. There are so many things that fit together to make our life experience unique and what it is its impossible to say what it was. All I can say is since that, everything feels kinda wrong. Here's a scary thought - we weren't supposed to go out, then she wouldn't have broken up with me, thus there would be no 'wrongness' in the air. Heres a scarier thought - she should never have been born. Or her parents should never have met. I have no idea either way somethings up :(

Spend too much time thinking like this and you are goibg to get serious brain ache
  • Options
    That's exactly it though. I can feel optimistic at the same time, but since this all the events that happened afterwards never made sense to me. It wasn't that I didn't like them, but I used to be on top of everything. I used to be able to explain how life worked, because everything was 1 + 1 = 2. But now 1 + 1 = 3. It's not just the break up thats got to me - because we might of broke up afterwards anyway. It just felt, odd. So something happened wrong. Maybe because it was sunny that day. There are so many things that fit together to make our life experience unique and what it is its impossible to say what it was. All I can say is since that, everything feels kinda wrong. Here's a scary thought - we weren't supposed to go out, then she wouldn't have broken up with me, thus there would be no 'wrongness' in the air. Heres a scarier thought - she should never have been born. Or her parents should never have met. I have no idea either way somethings up :(
    Well, whatever it is, you cant change the past. Its happened and theres nothing anyone can do to change it. So rather than look back, look to the future, theres bound to be something great that happens at some point and you deserve it. :)

If you wanna chat or anything just PM me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Well, whatever it is, you cant change the past. Its happened and theres nothing anyone can do to change it.

Precisely!!!!!!

'Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and only this moment is mine.'

Yes, the past can hurt, but you can't change it so why worry about it? You should only learn from your mistakes and not live in the past.
  • Options
    It's not that I can't let go, which I guess is in the air. Just I can't accept now, and what is going on ATM. After she broke up with me life should have continued in some shape or form but it looks as though to have hit a bump and now its a little jisjointed. Hmmm this is where fate goes wrong :p

Actually - maybe all this traumatic emotional and social experiences scares me away from people and I end up becoming a mad and brilliant scientist who discovers the cure for cancer. We'll see.
  • Options
    It's not that I can't let go, which I guess is in the air. Just I can't accept now, and what is going on ATM. After she broke up with me life should have continued in some shape or form but it looks as though to have hit a bump and now its a little jisjointed. Hmmm this is where fate goes wrong :p
    Everyone goes through rough patches at some point. Hopefully things will brighten up soon :)
  • Options
    I've learnt overtime that analysing a current or a past relationship really affects me because I consequently worry unnecessarily about it. Accordingly, I rarely analyse relationships now, instead enjoying them fully with little worry or looking back on the good times and not dwelling on the bad times. This is what you must do.
  • Options
    ok but im in a relationship atm and what should i do? should i break up with her or not who knows?
  • Options
    ok but im in a relationship atm and what should i do? should i break up with her or not who knows?

lol. You break up with women all the time because of very trivial things! I mean this in the nicest possible way, but if I was your girlfriend and you messed me about so much, I'd slap you! lol.

Just be a man and keep with it - all relationships require effort! If you're going to give up after a small hurdle, then that's silly. In fact, if you give up and don't put in effort, then it simply won't work.
  • Options
    That depends on your feelings for her and how serious the problem is. Like Mobily said, dont just give up over something small. Relationships are about having fun aswell as the rest.
  • Options

I really think its time you slowed down and just had some fun. Be one of the lads, go play footie, hang out or do whatever but take a break from this dating lark because its bringing you down so much :)
  • Options
    This might sound boring, but take it from someone who has been there and messed up but learnt from my mistakes - your main priority is your studying, so do it properly and everything else can follow thereafter.
  • Options
    This might sound boring
    :yes:

:p

Yeh although i agree studying is very important, so is a social life! Studying for days and nights on end will do more bad than good.
  • Options
    I don't need to study. Ask my teachers. :p

I am a prodigal student hehe and my humanities teacher has got me a place in leicester university for work experience. But god that's gotta be a good reference aint it? :D
  • Options

I am a prodigal student hehe and my humanities teacher has got me a place in leicester university for work experience. But god that's gotta be a good reference aint it? :D
    Fancy helping me then? :(;)
  • Options
    Fancy helping me then? :(;)

yay a study date! :D
  • Options

Yeh although i agree studying is very important, so is a social life!

Yes, of course, but studying should come before a social life! This is especially true at college/6th form and university!
  • Options
    yay a study date! :D
    At 6.30 remember! Dont be late now ;)
  • Options
    Yes, of course, but studying should come before a social life! This is especially true at college/6th form and university!
    Yeh i know, just pointing out the fact that too much studying at once doesnt actually help. :)
  • Options

Stop being so arrogant: you have yet to get the grades!
  • Options
    At 6.30 remember! Dont be late now ;)

*grabs coat and heads for the door*