Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Really need your help please!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the short of it is, i live opposite a pond, where there are duckilns, and one had a broken leg and has had for a few days,also the others were picking on her. so i decided i wud get her in a box and take to the vet... by the time i'd run home, and got back, she'd gone. but the rest were still there.im really upset now, as i think they've killed her, but theres no sign of her.....

Any one know anything about this situation to help me out?

kitten xx

Comments

• Options
    Phone the RSPCA. They'll come out and have a hunt for him. Failing that. I don't know
  • Options
    Phone up the RSPCA?
  • Options
    Well I don`t really see what you can do apart from keep an eye out for it and if you see it call the RSPCA or something.
  • Options
    only 1 problem , the nearest one to me is hull, and im 50 mile s from there... might go have another look in while, im just a bit upset.. thank you :)

kitten xx
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Phone the RSPCA. They'll come out and have a hunt for him.

What, look for a missing duckling?! I doubt it! What are they going to do, organise a search party and get frogmen in to search the pond? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    What, look for a missing duckling?! I doubt it! What are they going to do, organise a search party and get frogmen in to search the pond? :p

Don't be silly. They'll obviously scramble a helicopter with infra-red and heat sensors and search the land within a 10 mile radius.
  • Options
    and plus they arent going to come all the way out here for a duck!

:(
    kitn x
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Don't be silly. They'll obviously scramble a helicopter with infra-red and heat sensors and search the land within a 10 mile radius.

:lol:

Dont worry about it Sarah, its all to do with nature. Cruel world Im afraid :( Not a lot you can do.

(Sorry, that didnt help did it? :p )
  • Options
    Originally posted by witch-kitten
    and plus they arent going to come all the way out here for a duck!

:(
    kitn x

Are you sure there isn`t any kind of animal thingy nearer than that? That`s assuming you see it again of course.
  • Options
    SAVED!

Right ive been down again , and i saw her, been in the pond- yes-in the pond!!! and got her, she's now in a care center in the next village( my next door neighber took her).....

so im really impressed with myself, i couldnt sit and wacth her die like that not when im so close (as in across the road-also spend all my time with them) to them..

thanx for your help guys!!

kitten- the duckiln-saver!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Damn i was hoping it got eaten by a fox.

I mean how wonderful you saved it, will it survive?
  • Options
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes it will be ok thank you very much.

kitn