Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

people slagging each other off in threads.

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
Now why??????
Im all pissed off as i just typed a long reply out in the animal rights thread, but because girl with sharp teeth and sarahisgreat were arguing about who was the most stupid, the thread got closed and i lost my post. Grrrrrr how irritating:mad:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    I agree, it was supposed to be a discussion upon what people find important, it wasnt mean for some stupid fight. Grow up :p
  • Options
    Very annoying isnt it :mad:

Last night I replied to a thread and clicked send but the thing had been deleted :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    maybe i shouldn't have called him stupid. but he was.

aint all men :p
  • Options
    I don`t know why people can`t put their point forward without resorting to personal insults. It seems to be happening more and more just recently.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I don`t know why people can`t put their point forward without resorting to personal insults. It seems to be happening more and more just recently.

The maturity level is astounding. Argument failing? Call them a moron. :rolleyes:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But please, state yours in a respectful manner. That doesn't mean if you disagree with someone that you can't say so. There is a difference between "I don't agree with what you said, here's why" and "You're such an idiot, I can't believe you could actually say something like that, you should jump off a cliff".
  • Options
  • Options
    Miffy sometimes it easy for people to take something you say the wrong way. Let me give you an instance, the other day I actually called someone a *Silly cow* within a reply I made. Then when I read it I thought *shit* better change that, however I would call a friend a *silly cow* but being on here you just dont know how the other person will think.
  • Options
    he has been sending me a series of personal messages like the one below.

if that is not a sign of a poor debater i don't know what is.

Have you reported it to the mods?

Sarah youre bang out of order there like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I do notice how quickly some threads become abusive, which is a shame. Sorry that you lost your post rainbow brite.

*is a man* just looking for a debate that isn't about islamic extremists and mad clerics
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Have you reported it to the mods?

Sarah youre bang out of order there like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. If you disagree with someone on a particular topic, then it should stay in the thread, and not extend to judging the other person outside of that opinion - and especially not sending them abusive PMs.
  • Options
    Miffy sometimes it easy for people to take something you say the wrong way. Let me give you an instance, the other day I actually called someone a *Silly cow* within a reply I made. Then when I read it I thought *shit* better change that, however I would call a friend a *silly cow* but being on here you just dont know how the other person will think.

Yes, but I`m talking about blatant bitching.

Girl with sharp teeth, agreed, that is really out of order, but you would have been better off reporting him than taking the bait, surely?
  • Options
    no, it's not bothering me. it just backs up my opinion that he is incredibly thick.

The only thing is your a strong character so he obviously has picked on the wrong one, if it had been a lickle ole nun like me I may be shitting myself now :lol:
  • Options
    You should be able to put your argument for whatever it is you are debating in an eloquent, succinct and coherent manner, without moaning or complaining about other people or anything else.

You should respect another person's arguments, even though you might not agree with them.

Instead of disrespectfully and immaturely shouting at them or calling them names, you should find arguments in order to rebut their arguments. This is what debating is all about.

When you move away from debating, the thread loses its meaning and so the debate disintegrates.

Everything considered, perhaps someone should chair a debating thread in order to avoid it shifting from merely debating into unwelcome, irritating and unrelated arguments?
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Everything considered, perhaps someone should chair a debating thread in order to avoid it shifting from merely debating into unwelcome, irritating and unrelated arguments?

I can do that........giz a job :p
  • Options
  • Options
    probably. but i always did have a problem with idiots *hangs head in shame*

it's better when david's here to keep a rein on my temper

Alwaz had a problem with idiots?!

You ARE a idiot :eek2:
  • Options
    I can do that........giz a job :p

Nooo twas my suggestion, so it's only fair that I do it! :D
  • Options
    I didnt think sarahisgreat came across as thick in any of those posts, and I know girlwith sharp teeth is anything but thick. That wasnt what the debate was about. The problem was them just slagging each other off unneccesarily in those posts and causing a very good and interesting and thought provoking thread to get closed down. We have precious few decent threads as it is.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by sarahisgreat
    Alwaz had a problem with idiots?!

You ARE a idiot :eek2:

OI just calm down, calm down, you already lost Rainbows post before........dont close her thread for gawds sake :mad:
  • Options
  • Options
    Some people don't get a message until you lower yourself to their level.
    When someone is an idiot, they're an idiot.
    No reason to hide it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Some people don't get a message until you lower yourself to their level.
    When someone is an idiot, they're an idiot.
    No reason to hide it.

I was about to say the same thing, some people can't handle a proper argument and if that is the case I reserve my right to call them stupid and I see no reason why that should end the 'adult' debate or in this case why it should lead to a thread being closed.

What should happen is the 'stupid' person should be ignored if they are incapable of taking notice of the facts or arguing thei point properly...........
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    I was about to say the same thing, some people can't handle a proper argument and if that is the case I reserve my right to call them stupid and I see no reason why that should end the 'adult' debate or in this case why it should lead to a thread being closed.

What should happen is the 'stupid' person should be ignored if they are incapable of taking notice of the facts or arguing thei point properly...........

Something's wrong. We agree too much lately :p
  • Options
    A sign of peace and harmony in the world can only be a good thing surely, maybe one day everyone will agree with me, wouldn't that be great? :D
  • Options
  • Options
    But you wouldn't think that in the perfect future world where everyone agreed with me would you now?
    :)