Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

ah well....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
no holiday for me!

the wee one isn't at all well so we decided just to stay at home.

attempts at cheering me up are highly welcome!

Comments

• Options
    aww im so sorry candy :( that sucks royally! hope the wee one gets well, i didnt get chicken pox until i was about 13 or 14, and i got them bad. *hugs*
  • Options
    Gutted to fuck.

Um i mean aww im sorry :p

Least you know that its for the best eh? Can you imagine if you'd gone and she'd developed it when you were there? :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Gutted to fuck.
    completely!
    can't let on that i am though as the poor little lady is heartbroken as it is.

so we went for a huge meal last night bought her a massive ice cream and promised to take her to alton towers, and an enormous birthday party, and various other stupid things...woops
  • Options
    Candy I know what its like, but then think if little un was bad while I was away it wouldnt be much of a holiday anyway. Hopefully you will get away some time in the future when shes better :)
  • Options
    *Hugz Candy and Mini-Candy*

It sucks. But as I said earlier it's important that the little 'un doesn't feel shes ruined the hol. These things happen but holidays can always be re-booked easily. Little 'uns hearts take alot longer to heel.

*Jumps on mono-cycle and juggles 3 chairs in an attempt to cheer the Candy family up*
  • Options
    Awww sorry Candy - but at least she's only got them when she's little, that way she'll get over it quickly. When I had chickenpox my mum got them at the same time as me. I recovered really quickly but she was ill for ages.

Sorry about your holidays - spoil yourselves rotten at home instead!