Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Working as a group

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its Big Brothers fault this is.........bloody TV show :p

anyway lets say you are in a group of people in this type of scenario, in the group what would be your role ?

Would you be a leader? A boring barsteward who wont join in ? Would you be the quiet one? would you be the stupid one?
Would you be the one who listens to everyone moaning, Would you be the bounncer and break up the arguments?

Come on tell me :)

Comments

• Options
    I think I must be the joker
  • Options
    I'd prolly be the quiet one.
  • Options
    i have always been a leader. it used to realy piss me off when my parents tried to stop me hanging around with people who they thought would get me into trouble. why couldn't they see that i was the one making all the devious plans!
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    I think I must be the joker

Funniest thing I've heard all day.

I'd be the brains behind the operation, of course. :D
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    i'm the one who listens at first.. then backs the people with the good ideas, supporting with my own views :)
  • Options
    Im not a leader, I could never have like a managerial job, too scared to tell people to get their arses into gear :D
  • Options
    i'm the one with all the best ideas but cus i never bother with work other than my hip hop and skating noone expects it, therefore the best ideas are left lingering in the airwaves waiting to be picked up by the less idoitic inhabitants of the fucking world.

that is, if it was some academic shit.

anything else i'm actually into, i'll take charge like a bill payer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Im not a leader, I could never have like a managerial job, too scared to tell people to get their arses into gear :D
    I'm like that too... having that trouble with my trainee at work.. :p i don't like telling her what to do, but if i don't say anything.. then she'll just stand there waiting... it's so uncomfortable!!
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm normally a leader and like being one, although it can depend upon the topic. I prefer working independently, though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Flake_Mustaine
    I'm like that too... having that trouble with my trainee at work.. :p i don't like telling her what to do, but if i don't say anything.. then she'll just stand there waiting... it's so uncomfortable!!

Well sorry but you have to be cruel to be kind, if you dont start playing boss then she's gonna walk all over you, which could lead to problems further on.
    Can you not go on a course of some sort to learn the basics?
  • Options
    a good leader would change that to telling them how to get their arses out of hot water.
  • Options
    Well sorry but you have to be cruel to be kind, if you dont start playing boss then she's gonna walk all over you, which could lead to problems further on.
    Can you not go on a course of some sort to learn the basics?
    well.. it's not as important as that, seeing as we only work the evening shift.. Mostly I've just been letting her shadow me, but she's picking up the job nicely which can only be good :)
  • Options
    I'd be an implimenter and completer finisher!

Apparently!

Thats what I learned on a course I went on!.

I am the one who would read and check the instructions, check everyone knows the plan and then makes sure all the lose ends are tied. However, there is a part of me that thinks 'EVERYONE IS BEING TOO SLOW..ITS UP TO ME TO GET THIS DONE' which can be a bit annoying for other people.

I'm also quite strong so I'd be the one offering to carry everything!