Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

bouncers?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i don't know if this is the right forum to discuss my problem in but im gonna anyway. Whilst in the local big club my friend got in a fight and the bouncer bit half his thumb off in a fight. i know for a fact bouncers aren't allowed to physically harm you on purpose never mind bite someone. i don't know bout where you live but alot of bouncer where i live are abusing thier powers and alot of people are gettin jumped by boucers for the smallest of reasons.
peace the-macca
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I think its getting better. They have to be registered now and can't get away with whatever they want. I've been out tonight and all the bouncers were helpful and not aggresive. Most are ok as long as you aren't causing trouble.
  • Options
  • Options
    I sure as hell know that I wouldnt start a fight with any of the bouncers in London. Just nod nicely smile and run away, if they arent gansters themselves the companies they work for are controled by them.
    But on the other hand most now a days seem to be aright as long as you behave yourself.
  • Options
    As bongbudda said, most bouncers are run by firms.. and I cant think of anybody who would chose to start a fight with a bouncer at clubs/raves around here. One of my fellas best mates is a bouncer-ive heard the stories, pretty shocking!

Although, most of the trouble is now due to cocky kids trying to take 300 pills into a club, the bouncers beat the crap out of them, take the pills (which they later flog) and take the kids money-whats he going to do? Tell the police bouncers attacked him for flogging pills? They act like theyre above the law-but they can get away with it.

As long as you treat the bouncers with respect, most of them do the same to you. And, even if you get clocked for doing something you shouldnt, if you show respect, stop it, hand over whatever it is you shouldnt have etc etc.. then they can be pretty fair.
  • Options
    I've heard a few stories from my geordie mate, who was a bouncer, and also a friend who has managed a fwe clubs. They include chainsaws, samurai swords, squaddies, hypodermic needles, etc. They do put up with a lot of shit, but some are aggressive for no real reason.
  • Options
    I know nearly all of the bouncers at my local club, but a couple of them are complete dickheads, but I think your gonna get that anywhere.
  • Options
    I think its really in the nature of the job really, I mean they are hired to look big a scary and to stop any trouble.
  • Options
    Well, the bouncers round here used to be a bit handy... seems though, they've changed recently and they're tonnes better now :D
  • Options
    The club I went to last night was a converted Manor and most of the things pissing people off were probably due to bad design of the place.

For instance there is a 2nd dance floor upstairs, you go up the stairs and right infront of you is the entrance to the disco section. Except some fool bouncer is pushing people away and pointing to the right.

It turned out there's a very long queue towards the right - but because it's round the corner who can see it? A simple sign and rope barrier would have told me - I couldn't enter here rather then have some ape pushing me back as I tried to walk in.

A lot of clubs now are using women bouncers - the ones I've seen are scarier then the men - some look like men in drag!!
  • Options
    The bouncers where I go are complete nobheads, knock fuck out of you for nowt. You see them carrying people out whilst kicking and punching them. Was queuing up once and could see into the doors they had this lad pinned to the floor and a bouncer walked up and stamped on his bollocks well hard. Did it to my mate the other week, rammed his head into a wall, had a big gash with blood coming out, police came and did FUCK ALL. They'll get it back one day when theres a crowd bigger than them and I hope i'm there to join in on the fun.
    edited to add - When my mate got kicked in I went to the entrance to see what had happened and I got chucked out with this butch lesbian pyscho bitch shouting like fuck at me - NOBHEADS
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    The bouncers where I go are complete nobheads, knock fuck out of you for nowt. You see them carrying people out whilst kicking and punching them. Was queuing up once and could see into the doors they had this lad pinned to the floor and a bouncer walked up and stamped on his bollocks well hard. Did it to my mate the other week, rammed his head into a wall, had a big gash with blood coming out, police came and did FUCK ALL. They'll get it back one day when theres a crowd bigger than them and I hope i'm there to join in on the fun.
    edited to add - When my mate got kicked in I went to the entrance to see what had happened and I got chucked out with this butch lesbian pyscho bitch shouting like fuck at me - NOBHEADS

I bet if they did it to an off duty police officer they'd get arrested then?

In some clubs the bouncers are just knobs who enjoy pushing people around and in others they are Gentlemen to the end.
  • Options
    Faie enough some boucers are nob heads but youl get that where ever you have a large group. I know quite a few bouncers some of them i would consider to be good friends and i know would only fight with someone who was fighting with them. As for bouncers carrying people out i am one of the people that has learnt the hard way it is always easier to walk out rather than have to be dragged!! No seriously if they think that you are a danger to themselves or others around you they are well within their rights to throw you out using "reasonable force" thats were the problem lies, some people will take things way to far and reasonable force can be taken to mean anything that suitsthe person at the time
  • Options
    The majority of bouncers round notts are pretty alright blokes as long as they don't think you're endangering anyone. I know quite a few as they're cricket mates of my dads. One of my mates is a retired bouncer and he says to get him back on the door there would need to be a huge fee waiting as it's just too dangerous. The way he used to see it is you've got to control the crowd and if you've got one arsehole threatening to kick off that could start a huge ruckus. So they take the arsehole out of the situation. One rule, knock down the arsehole first punch otherwise it's going to be tough.

*shrugs, i have a lot of respect for some of them as it's a hard job especially if you're the head bouncer. Some of them though are just thugs who shouldn't be there.
  • Options
    Im from darlo and 99% of the bouncers at the clubs are all total psycho's. If you start trouble you will physically get thrown out and then kicked to fuck (have seen some horrors ). I work at a club and last week saw a lad get thrown down a flight of stairs by the bouncer, lad left in an ambulance in a BAD WAY!!!. When the police came we were all told by the bouncers to say the lad had fallen :eek2:
  • Options
    But there is a flip side to that though, if you dont start trouble then you do deserve a bit of a kicking if you ask me.

I remember back when SE1 (that still doesnt sound right) was the drome some bloke was caught selling scummy pills and the bouncers kept him in a corner while disgruntled patrons kicked the shite out of him. Served him right if you ask me.
  • Options
    Bouncers are dicks. they kick the fuck outta people because der are loads of them. have you ever seen a bouncer fighting on his own ???
  • Options
    Yeh actually i know a bouncer who was working in a pub on his own when a group of men were groping a girl he didnt know. he went over and told them to stop it. when they didnt he told them that they would have to leave. at this point they all layed into him and the bouncer ended up in hospital. He didnt get any reconition for trying to protect the girl where as if they had been working in a group and had thrown the men out atleast one of them would probably be on this board now moaning about being thrown out for nothing.
  • Options
    it is very true alot of bouncers and absolute arseholes! my friend has lost a chunky bit of his thumb due to some **** abusing his powers. sorry for the language but i feel strongly about it.