Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

If you could change your...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...forename and surname, what would it be?

Comments

• Options
    Betty Swallocks :D
  • Options
    I dunno, I don't mind the name Brian, but my surname is a bit wanky (sorry, Jon word)

I'd like something like Kerr or Sheerin or McNaughton or something.

Good question.
  • Options
    something girly :) you pick for me mobily :)
  • Options
    Stuart = Most
    Crombie = Hated
  • Options
    I wouldn't change them for the world. I've had two surnames (the first being a hypenated surname and the one I have now is simply the latter part of the hypenated surname).

I love my forename when said correctly and I like my surname because it is something given to me by my dad who I love to bits. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by pie
    something girly :) you pick for me mobily :)

Something girly? How about 'Emily Jessica Pie' ? :p
  • Options
    i like my first name...Michelle...dont know anyone else in person with the same name.

dont like my surname tho....currant :yuck: but im not sure what i would change it to :chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Something girly? How about 'Emily Jessica Pie' ? :p

woo yeah *big squeeze* MWAHHH!! :love: :flirt: :hyper:
  • Options
    You can change your surname and forename....so does that mean you are all gonna go and change it?
  • Options
    I love my first name but I suppose my second name could be a bit more exciting although I don't dislike it in anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    You can change your surname and forename....so does that mean you are all gonna go and change it?

Yeah, know you can change them.

This thread's only hypothetical! :p
  • Options
    i have creative friends... my lastname's been changed to...

cuntingham
    cuttingham
    lick-a-dick-aham
    spermingham

and many more...

do you think i want to change it???

and don't forget the 'ol a man, duh...
  • Options
    I like Hannah - how could i not, quite aside from the fact it's palindromic (coolness), because it means 'God has blessed' (yes that's right, god has blessed you all with my existence ;))
    My surname however, is tres boring and common, however that's easily changeable by marrying someone and taking their surname - shouldn't be too difficult to find something interesting in Oxford ... *goes on the prowl*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Yeah, know you can change them.

This thread's only hypothetical! :p

I know that!! I just wanted to make everyone feel daft:D didnt work though:p
  • Options
    id change my forename to what my mum wanted to call me originally-scarlett tara, and the surname....

something fun like theodopolopodus :D

my fella has the best surname all foreign and good..... so when we get married ill get rid of this shitty one! ill be Mrs Mirko :D

my mums a solicitor, shes going to change my name for me-i just havnet decided if i want to yet!
  • Options
    I'd change my first name to Sada/Saida.. cause my dad named me and I don't like him, and I'm not too keen on my first name (Laura) that's what my danish friend used to call me :) Dunno about my last name though.

or Ben Dover :D:lol: There's a guy with that surname in our school... I wonder if his brothers called Ben?
  • Options
    i could be called Ashton something or another
  • Options
    I've
  • Options
    My name's unique and pretty, so I won't be changing it thank you very much :p
  • Options
    i did in my early twenties for a while to ...'sir ludwig van hookah. but thats another story.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    I've got a unique name. No one in the world has that name combination, and am one out of 7 in the world with my surname.

Yeah, i'm like that.

If i were to change my name, it'd be to something easier to spell.

I would seriously give a blowjob to the first person to spell all my name right. I'm 18 now and it hasn't happened yet...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    Yeah, i'm like that.

If i were to change my name, it'd be to something easier to spell.

I would seriously give a blowjob to the first person to spell all my name right. I'm 18 now and it hasn't happened yet...

It has happened for me once, while everybody else with easy names got them misspelled. I couldn't stop smiling all day :D
  • Options
    I can't change my surname.. unless I marry a foreign dude and take his. Although I can add a semi-surname to my name by paying x many isk.

My current one is Magnúsdóttir (daughter of Magnús :lol: ), and follows the naming tradition over here. I think it's alright although I have considered getting something more.. interesting, too. But honestly, I am quite satisfied with my first and last names. The only setback is the fact that foreign people (non-Icelandic) do have a hard time pronouncing it. :p
  • Options
    I have to spell every part of my name every time i give it, like to bank people and everyone. Pain in the backside.

I need to go to bed or get a life. I'm the last reply to like, 8 posts on here!
  • Options
    I hate my last name its too long I would settle for anything shorter, but nothing too common though! I've always known what I'd like my first name to be, Alisa :)