Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Ebay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone sell things on there?

I have just set up an account and it seems they need lots of information!

How reliable is it?

Comments

• Options
    I use eBay - mainly to buy, but I am also a registered seller. Seems reliable enough and I've never had any problems.

I mainly use Freeserve Auctions though.
  • Options
    Apparently Avril Lavigne's old love letters are on sale there.

I think I still owe them 30p or something, I've no idea why.
  • Options
    Hmm, they're asking for far too much information than I think is needed so I've just logged out. They were also going to take money off me even if I didn't sell my stuff!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Hmm, they're asking for far too much information than I think is needed so I've just logged out. They were also going to take money off me even if I didn't sell my stuff!

Yeah. eBay charge listing fees, so if you don't sell your stuff you still have to pay. That's why I use Freeserve, because you only pay if your item sells. It's also a lot easier to sign up.

There are some auction sites that don't charge, but i've never sold much on them because they don't seem to have high traffic?