Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Radio Four...Brilliant!!!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I cant think of anything that really brings up my bile like livejournals or Radiohead at the moment so I'm being possitive.

Isnt Radio Four fantastic, they have the best news coverage of any channel on any medium (PM at five) some of the best comedy (Just a min, On the Hour and many others) and so many interesting factual programs.

It truely is the best channel...ever!

I know it has the reputation of being boring, but its not, everyone should listen to it. Oh and I forgot the good dramas too.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm slowly moving up the BBC Rado stations. I'm sick of hearing stuff like Radiohead and that on Radio 1, so I'm listening to Radio 2 more and more now.

I'm skipping Radio 3, so give me till about August time, and I'll be on your wavelength. Hehe.
  • Options
    No music, no ads, just interesting, funny, informative, moving stuff. All very good.
  • Options
    yeah sometimes i get fed up of listening to the same old music being played when im driving so i have a flick round through the channels to see if theres anything else going on the the world of radio!:)

radio 2 has some of the good old song on it, teehee my mum'll be proud of me:D :cool:
  • Options
    :yeees:

guess its my age showing...

ill stick to my pirate radio :D

although, my dad does listen to it ~ and at times it has made me giggle...
  • Options
    You should all listen to it, so I'm bumping this thread upwards.
  • Options
    It's good hangover radio for Saturday mornings. Home truths is excellent and the only thing worth listening to after the sad demise of Bob Mills on BBC London. The only problem is that my girlfriend keeps changing to Kiss, which I can't stand. Is it me or do they speed up the songs on Kiss as well?
  • Options
    Radio Four is excellent for many reasons. The main one is "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" although I just seem to keep missing it. Grr. I can never get over how varied it is. It makes boring car journeys past incredibly fast.
  • Options
    Fantastic, fellow radio four listeners, Home Truths is marvelous, although who the fuck was that last week, it just wasnt right at all!
    I'm sorry i havent a clue is really good, I like just a min too.

Have any of you gone to see them record anything? The tickets are free and they have a preaty cheep bar too, its a great night out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Figbella
    The only problem is that my girlfriend keeps changing to Kiss, which I can't stand. Is it me or do they speed up the songs on Kiss as well?

Im with your girlfriend on that one.. kiss is much better... listening to it now the only official radio station i like

:blush:
  • Options
    I would kill to go see "Dead Ringers," "ISIHAC" "Just a Minute" or anything else like that being recorded. Are they recorded in London or do they travel about? I know Just a Minute does.
  • Options
    Dead ringers?!! Thats about the only show on Radio 4 that I really cant stand, mainly because they arent any good and they're not funny.

Anyway, a lot of the shows are in London (obviously because Londons the best place) but they do move about a bit, have a look on the radio 4 website and they will give listings. Alll you have to do is send them an email and then they will send you free tickets.

I'm off to see the news quiz tonight, so listen out and you might hear my laugh tomorrow.
  • Options
    This deserves to be bumped again.

Not only is Radio Four a fantastic station, but they've got a top website too, where you can listen to loads of shows again!
  • Options
    I'm bumping this for whats probably the 5th time because Radio Four is fantastic and you should all listen.
  • Options
    Clyde 2 is good :thumb: My Business Management teacher always sticks it on, good stuff :D
  • Options
    I have just turned on the radio, it is on BBC Radio 2 natually. But what is the wave length for BBC Radio 4?
  • Options
    Around 93-94 ish
  • Options
    I always try and listen to Women's hour, it's so diverse and interesting...I love it.

Always listen to it when in the car, because it beats commercial radio drivel, all those adverts and hammy "djs" really piss me off.

Just a minute is absolutely fantastic as well, I'd love to go and see that being recorded (doesn't really make sense does it?) but have never had the chance yet.
  • Options
    I usually listen to the Today programme, partly because I want to see if James Naughtie ever lives up to his name.

On a slight tangent, does anyone esle remember schools radio broadcasts? We all used to sit at our desks with our little booklets and sing along! All seems very strange now.
  • Options
    I find the Today programme a little dry for that time in the morning. But I used to listen to it every day before I went to school at breakfast with my folks for about 12 years.

I virtually always listen to PM at 5.

As for getting tickets, Just A Min sells out really really quickly, however other things like The News Quiz is slightly easier to go and see. I'd highly recomend you go and see something, they're all good and FREE!!!
  • Options
    There are two things I hate about Radio 4, I've come to realise. One is that you end up hearing loads of repeats if you listen to it a lot. The other is the feeling of disappointment I feel when a really good, interesting programme finishes only to followed by something REALLY dull and uninteresting.
  • Options
    "Now if only I could remember where I left my pipe and slippers.."
  • Options
    i like radio 4
    they have a 'kids music' type program on sunday evenings i think and my friends band were on it! i was like wow!
  • Options
    That would be Go For It, I quite like that show.

There are quite a few repeats , especially if you listen over the weekend and then during the week.

I'm quite a fan of Ramblings, the radio walking show, its just so Radio Four, I can not imagine any other broadcaster doing it.

And z0ma, you can shut your ugly mouth, just because you cant understand words with more than 5 letters in and you have the intellect of a nats arse doesnt mean the rest of us cant enjoy a bit of culture.
  • Options
    I can't believe I forgot about Desert Island Discs...I hate missing it (mainly because I'm a nosy parker who likes knowing useless info about anyone going). It is a bit disappointing when it's just a repeat though, oh well...

Pat Barker's choices always stick in my mind, mainly because she chose a song local to the North-East that my Grandad used to sing :D Also loved Ian McKellan's choices...and surprisingly, George Clooney's.