Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

European Capital of Culture thing

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
Who in their right mind chooses bloody Liverpool over Bristol and Newcastle/Gateshead?! (the other 3 were never really any serious competition!)

We could have sooooo used that money dammit :impissed:

I mean what makes Liverpool so special!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shell suit and afro capital of the world :p
  • Options
  • Options
    Can't belive Glasgow got it in 1990 either. The people who make them decisions must be off their heads :eek:

I can just imagine some posh French visiting person realising his hubcaps got nicked

"Zis cannot be happening, non non non"
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Can't belive Glasgow got it in 1990 either. The people who make them decisions must be off their heads :eek:

I can just imagine some posh French visiting person realising his hubcaps got nicked

"Zis cannot be happening, non non non"

Hehe.

Yeah i read about Glasgow winning it and they said "Liverpool will now hope to reap the benefits and the image change Glasgow enjoyed when it won the title in 1990."

What image change? Its still a dump!
  • Options
    liverpool has more historic and listed buidings than anywhere else in the uk. the downside is the place is full of bleedin' scousers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay

What image change? Its still a dump!

Yeah, it's a dirty, dirty place. Whenever I have to go there, I always wear one of them face masks you get in places that have SARS. Ewwww.

The only "culture" Glasgow has is neds, STI's, and shockingly high crime rates.

Not to mention the inbred rat-shagging football supporters :p;)
  • Options
    this is from a daily news roundup email...

Beer and ice cream. If there's a better combination, the Wrap hasn't heard of it, and now two Newcastle dairy farmers have launched Newcastle Brown Ale ice cream. But is it any good? "A creamy, caramel taste with the odd little nugget of fudge and less than one per cent of alcohol, it will suit all tastes," says the Mirror. Proving that Newcastle is a fine place to be, European capital of culture or not.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    liverpool has more historic and listed buidings than anywhere else in the uk. the downside is the place is full of bleedin' scousers.

Yeah completely agree. It does have some really nice buildings and the docks and places are nice. But the scousers are evvvverywhere. I can see why they won the award though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    The only "culture" Glasgow has is neds, STI's, and shockingly high crime rates.

Not to mention the inbred rat-shagging football supporters

and weird people who are called "pie" :crazyeyes who just looks over it all and comes to the conclusion "ugh"

wishes she was an inbred rat-shagging football supporter - they get all the benefits - arseholes

:rolleyes:

one good thing tho - glasgow sells the highest about of "bucky" in the wurllld!!! woo yeah :eek2:
  • Options
    what do you call a scouser in a suit?
    the accused!
  • Options
    what makes Liverpool so special is that you aren't in it (joke)
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    what makes Liverpool so special is that you aren't in it (joke)

Likewise.
  • Options
    exactly :) neither of us are so its unfair we are the ones disadvantaged
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    the people chose newcastle/gateshead so obviously they weren't going to get it, to prove a point i expect. newcastle/gateshead have been robbed.
    I agree. It makes me fucking mad actually, esp. when the British public voted for Newcastle / Gateshead.
    :mad:

The thing is, the PM chose the "winner" and I reckon he thought that he couldn't pick the north east because he is from the region and would be showing favouritism.

And before anyone moans about me being from the region, I live in Sunderland, the "arch enemy" of Newcastle and I wanted them to win. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    what do you call a scouser in a suit?
    the accused!

What do you call a Scouser in a white tracksuit?

The bride!
  • Options
    Originally posted by pie

one good thing tho - glasgow sells the highest about of "bucky" in the wurllld!!! woo yeah :eek2:

i lurve me some bucky! :D:yum:
  • Options
    LacyMay
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Who in their right mind chooses bloody Liverpool over Bristol and Newcastle/Gateshead?! (the other 3 were never really any serious competition!)

We could have sooooo used that money dammit :impissed:

I mean what makes Liverpool so special!

We were never going to win. The lack of support for arts at a grassroots level in Bristol by the council is one thing.

Also no decent venues or arenas compared to a lot of cities or art galleries.

If our beloved council had some of these things in place instead of grand plans, we might have had a chance, as it is it was always going to be Newcastle or Liverpool unfortunately.