Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I'm Moving!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm moving for (at least) the Summer!!! Weeeeee!!! I'm outta here! Away from the loony neighbours! :D
I've just got to give in my notice on this flat, then move out by the end of the month! :D

A workmate is going away for the Summer, to work in Scotland, so he needs someone to look after the house, fish, budgie, plants, and garden. He's asking £200 per month (inc bills) for the pleasure, but I'll have the whole house to myself (apart from when he's back down here for the occasional long weekend).

I'm excited now! *puts on music - "We've gotta get out of this place, if it's the last thing we ever do" & "I'm so excited..." :hyper:

Mr_Wobble ;)

Comments

• Options
    Oo. Where are you moving to? :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by GirlInterrupted
    Oo. Where are you moving to? :)
    Well, I'm moving from Hull to, wait for it...... Hull. :confused::lol:
    I'm only moving about 3/4 mile away, but I'm just excited about the fact that I'm moving away from the loony neighbours. I'll probably end up with new loony neighbours, but I've just about had enough of the current ones. :(
    The house is only a basic two up, two down, with a yard, so it's not much bigger than my current two bedroom flat, but I will have it to myself for most of the Summer, and the option to stay on after he returns from his Summer job (though I'd have to pay a bit more per month then). But it's ideal really, for the next few months at least. It's cheaper, especially as I don't know what I'll be doing exactly at the end of Summer.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    all the best wobble! must be a relief to be escaping dolly parton and hank fucking williams. i hope your new nieghbours are cool and relaxed. nice to have something to look forward to.
  • Options
    Hope your new bit of Hull's better then the old bit. :D

Good luck with move :)
  • Options
    beverly roads nice ...
  • Options
    Hehe, have fun :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    beverly roads nice ...
    If you know Beverly Road, then you probably know Cottingham Road (where the Universities are), well, I'm going to be literally a stone's throw (or in Hull - a half brick's throw) from Cottingham Road, quite near to the Cot/Bev Road Junction.

The area isn't quite as nice as the area I'll be leaving, but at least I'll be leaving Dolly-feckin-Parton, and Kenny-sodding-Rogers, at least. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    sounds a nice house can I come and visit????
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    If you know Beverly Road, then you probably know Cottingham Road
    Mr_Wobble ;)
    somewhere i have some photo's of beverly road taken from various rooftops around 1972. the pics are probably at my ex wifes who i just fell out with. the pics were for something dodgy in the 70's. never been back to hull since then. i remember the unique phone boxes and boxes and boxes of smelly fish on the quay side!
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    sounds a nice house can I come and visit????
    Oh, well, if you wish. You really want to see Hull??? :confused: Of me? :D
    It is a nice house. A basic two up, two down, terrace, and recently re-decorated.
    So, we'll make that a date then?

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Oh, well, if you wish. You really want to see Hull??? :confused: Of me? :D
    It is a nice house. A basic two up, two down, terrace, and recently re-decorated.
    So, we'll make that a date then?

Mr_Wobble ;)

on second thoughts.........

yes of course we'll make that a date;)
  • Options
    I'll make sure the pillows and cushions are plumped up for you when you arrive then. :)

Handed in my notice on this flat today. There's no going back now! :eek: I'm starting packing in earnest tomorrow. Sorting out all the crap I want to keep, and need to get rid of, and packing up my wardrobe. The more I think about it, the scarier it gets! I'm going to effectively be moving from a two bedroom flat in to a single room. :(
    Ok, so I'll theoreticly have the rest of the house too, but I know what it's like to feel like someone's moving in and taking over your space, place, and disturbing your life, after the problems with the flatmate earlier this year. :( I'm determined not to be anywhere near as bad as he was, ever, to anybody else.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Good luck! Hope you like the new neighbours:D
  • Options
    I've been told the immediate neighbours are good. Nice people, rarely noisy, and good to get on with. However, one of them has just sold their house. Hope the new neighbours will be ok.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Does moving mean you'll have better things to do than chat to us? :(