Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Personal Training.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i have just got my Fitness instructors qualification recently and have also started taking spinning classes (group cycling) after doing the instructors course at work. at the moment i work as a lifeguard, but do some shifts on the gym. im going back to college in september to do an HND in sports science. but i think, eventually i would like to become a personal trainer. i have looked at different websites and i know all about all the training and qualifications you have to get. so what im just wondering is, is it a good business to get into? i would like to do it freelance. is it good money? and just how fit do you have to be? cos at the minute im moderately fit but by no means superfit!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i'm guessing you'd have to be pretty fit because you're there as the motivation for the person you're training, if you're out of shape it's not a good advert for your services really!

i've heard its pretty good money, i think it depends on who you train, i mean if you can make it training celebrities etc, you could be looking at mega bucks, but i think generally we are talking quite a bit.
    sorry i can't be of much help!
  • Options
    Useful article:

working in the fitness industry

Susie :)