Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Freakiest Thing Just Happened!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is freaky.
I just went to the kitchen/front room to top up my glass of water. While filling it up I heard a pop sound, sounding just like the TV speaker does when I turn it on. And guess what - it was the TV turning on!!!
I was on the other side of the room, and the remote control was on the sofa. There's no way it could've just come on!!! :crazyeyes:

I suppose it could be a fault with the telly. Or the remote. Both are old, and maybe a key on the remote was partially down - barely making contact. But it's just so freaky that it happened a few seconds after I entered the room!
Now, if I weren't a rational person. I would now be spouting on about ghosts, poltergeists, telekensis, and all sorts of crap like that. But I know that in reality it's most likely going to be down to a dodgy telly or remote.

Mr_Wobble ;)

Comments

• Options
    aww mr wobble got scared *strokes* :rolleyes:

same thing happened to me on sunday babe - darn tv switched itself on when i just got to the bottom of the stairs tho... :mad:
  • Options
    one small point tho... watch out for any rings/people with the ability to walk thru tvs/wet floors....

just in case ;) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    my theory

you have nylon sheets and this has caused an increase in static electricity clinging to your body, which as you enter the room is picked up by your tv...........hey presto

i really should go back to bed
  • Options
    Pie, I want to make this quite clear - it didn't scare me, and I'm not scared. However, cuddles and strokes are always appreciated. ;)

Blackarab - I'm wearing a cotton shirt, so it must be some artificial fibres in my boxer shorts! OMG - I have electrified shorts! Eeeeeeek! :eek:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    However, cuddles and strokes are always appreciated. ;)

*uses her amazing flying wardrobe and lands next to wobble - opens the door and pulls him inside the rather hot and dark cupboard - cuts to outside scene where all you see is shaking - wobble walks out the cupboard slightly rougher looking than before and cupboard flies away...*

WHAT A MOVIE!
  • Options
    mr wobble you smoothie, one mention of electric shorts and hey presto the magic cupboard ;)
  • Options
    thats it the suns come up woo...

im off for a jog see ya later on today people

love pie xx

muchos muchos kisses :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    mr wobble you smoothie, one mention of electric shorts and hey presto the magic cupboard ;)
    Throughout the history of time there have been many items imbueded with power, magic, and mysticism. There have been rings, crowns, swords, and amulets. Their power has varied from destroying the World as we know it, to protection from bunions. But none has matched the imense energy and power of my electric shorts! Kneel and admire in a state of awe at my pants of power! :crazyeyes:
    You have just witnessed their incredible ability to create a state of arousal strong enough to levitate a wardrobe! This is only the beginning! Today Pie's wardrobe, tomorrow an entire MFI store! Mwahahahahaha!!!

Mr_Wobble;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by pie
    *uses her amazing flying wardrobe and lands next to wobble - opens the door and pulls him inside the rather hot and dark cupboard - cuts to outside scene where all you see is shaking - wobble walks out the cupboard slightly rougher looking than before and cupboard flies away...*

WHAT A MOVIE!
    Wooooooooo! What a girl! What a wardrobe! :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Today Pie's wardrobe, tomorrow an entire MFI store! Mwahahahahaha!!!

LMAO!!! :lol:

Wooooooooo! What a girl! What a wardrobe!

:naughty: yeah baby :naughty:
  • Options
    you sure youre not scared wobble?

i mean, if you were, id be more than happy to stay at yours during the night to comfort you...

:naughty:
  • Options
    Pie, I want to make this quite clear - it didn't scare me, and I'm not scared. However, cuddles and strokes are always appreciated. ;)

Mr_Wobble ;)

Then why are you so defensive Mr_Wobble?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    you sure youre not scared wobble?

i mean, if you were, id be more than happy to stay at yours during the night to comfort you...

:naughty:
    No, I'm not scared! However, I suppose it might just happen. So you'd better come around just in case I need my hand holding, or a cuddle. ;)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    maybe your dead from your bike accident and havn't realised it yet and are attractin other ghosts who are coming to inform you

but are havin a lil fun first :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Then why are you so defensive Mr_Wobble?
    I'm not defensive, and no, I'm not affraid, so ner! Of course, if you want to come and hold my other hand, you're welcome too. ;)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    maybe your dead from your bike accident and havn't realised it yet and are attractin other ghosts who are coming to inform you

but are havin a lil fun first :D
    LOL Maybe that's it. It's like that film with Bruce Willis, you know the one, wossisname? I dunno, can't remember. :) Anyway - I see dead cyclists! :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Bruce Willis

Or even Bruce Wobble...
  • Options
    You mean "Sixth Sense" :)