Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Perks of the job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here's one for you guys - you may have had some pretty crap jobs over the years but did any have some great perks?

I once worked for Coca-Cola in their office and we got free drinks all day - Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Tea, Coffee, Soup, Black Current, etc as much as you could drink!!!

So how about you??

Comments

• Options
    I....I....I got my own chair!! Wow, it was alllll plastic and and and it had reaaaaaal sturdy legs... ahhh i miss that job... *dreams*

AHEM! :D
  • Options
    No real perks to my current job except I get to look at a certain sexy guy all day :naughty:;):naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyT
    I....I....I got my own chair!! Wow, it was alllll plastic and and and it had reaaaaaal sturdy legs... ahhh i miss that job... *dreams*

AHEM! :D

Well that's better then killer chairs .. we got these chairs from IKEA and they had a tilt feature activated by a bar on the front right - trouble was everytime you put your feet back and rested them o nthe centre column of the chair you hit the bar and flipped forward - I think someone even hit their head on the table once!!

You'd think IKEA would have tested for this!!
  • Options
    Umm, just getting 15% off nice clothes at Warehouse, Oasis, Faith, Jane Norman, Morgan, Pineapple, Debenhams, etc... (I'm only 17, this is my first proper job!)
  • Options
    Pension, internet use, discount at lots of high street shops, life insurance if I die or seriously hurt myself at work and free phone calls:D not a bad package.
  • Options
    Well at the minute I get to see free films and free theatre productions as well as meet the cast, which in the past has included Timothy West, Prunella Scales, Clive James, Honor Blackman and many many more (more "up market" celebs!).

I am about to start a new job with NHS pension benefits as well as 40 days holiday a year ( is this good, I am not sure?) and free transport to and from work. :)
  • Options
    well at one job i got to hang out in the back by the dressing room talking to people for however long until a manager came back and yelled at me... that was pretty cool :D and at another job i got all the french fries and pop and frosty's that one person can physically handle.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    tas well as 40 days holiday a year ( is this good, I am not sure?)

yeah average is 21
  • Options
    My current job is great. I work at an icecream place and when it is quiet you get to try all the different flavours and they have over 40 of them :yum:
  • Options
    hmm......guess i might be able to get a good solicitor if I need one?! Actually, temping has no perks at all! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I worked at Costa...it was free drinks and sandwiches all the time

oh, and free marshmallows :D
  • Options
    I get a free meal and I can have a drink per hour if I want. In reality, I can have a drink whenever I want.
  • Options
    Well being a housewife I have many perks of the job :D

Watch Tricia on a morning
    Have coffee
    Go shopping
    Have more coffee
    Play around on here
    Stuff my face whenever I want

Ah I could write a book on it :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Watch Tricia on a morning

I was looking forward to a good list of perks, but I lost interest after reading that you watch Tricia - especially because it was at the top of the list! :lol: Kilroy's much better.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Kilroy's much better.

I should have put Kilroy at 9:00am then at 9:20 switch over to Tricia. If they are both good topics I flip from one to the other :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I should have put Kilroy at 9:00am then at 9:20 switch over to Tricia. If they are both good topics I flip from one to the other :p

Kilory's always had white hair since he started the show I think?
    Which is kinda clever cos you can't tell he's aging!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Well at the minute I get to see free films and free theatre productions as well as meet the cast, which in the past has included Timothy West, Prunella Scales, Clive James, Honor Blackman and many many more (more "up market" celebs!).

I am about to start a new job with NHS pension benefits as well as 40 days holiday a year ( is this good, I am not sure?) and free transport to and from work. :)

40 days holiday is amazing that's 2 months off a year - no wonder there's such huge waiting lists on the NHS .. (only teasing!!)
  • Options
    I don't have a favourite job all the one's I've done have been awful

the perks of one job were nice though for I got to have a discount of things and a meal up to £7 free
  • Options
    33% off almost all the items the shops sell. :) Not bad, but a couple of years ago it was 50%, but one of the directors stopped that. Miserable sod! :(
    It means that some people's houses/flats look more like the interior of some of the shops. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I don't get anything where I currently work, except that I could maybe buy some stuff more cheaply if I'm into collecting souvenirs (it's amazing what can be sold to tourists! =D) But in my last job I got to be lazy and ride horses (usually) when I felt like it. Usable, aint it? ;):p

But my dad and brother both got mobiles and laptops (to use, not own though).. I want that kindaaaa woooork! *snif*
  • Options
    unemployed student bum - one perk - you can be an alcoholic and nobody thinks twice....

oh i love my job :rolleyes: