Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Mobile Phones

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This may be a stupid post but who cares.How many people own a mobile phone?Im sure the numbers are large.

Comments

• Options
    I have 3 so does that mean i have to reply 3 times :eek:
  • Options
    I have one but I would like to add that I had one about a year before the whole craze of pay as you go took off in '99. This was because I worked a long way from home and had to get two buses, a train and another bus home very late at night. Jeez, it was a bloody brick compared to the one I have now. In five years I have had three phones. I prefer the one I have now as it is the smallest (motorola V66i free from o2)

Erm, does anyone else think it is stupid that 8 year old kids have them? :confused:
  • Options
    I do and its a motorola v70 it looks good but its shite and I want the new samsung one:( but im going on holiday and too festivels and im a sucker for buying clothes so im prolly not gonna be able to afford it for ages and by then there will be a better one so im gona wait.
  • Options
    I have one, and I had mine TWO years before the craze started, so there! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

Erm, does anyone else think it is stupid that 8 year old kids have them? :confused:

my mates lil girl does, her mum wouldnt let her have one at first but she wondered off and got lost once for 3 hours so she got her one for the safety reason
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    my mates lil girl does, her mum wouldnt let her have one at first but she wondered off and got lost once for 3 hours so she got her one for the safety reason
    Ok I do not want to get into an argument so this is the last I will say on the issue:

A parent should know where an eight year old is. They should be within easy distance of their parents or at a friend's house where their parents have a telephone.

A mobile phone should not be used as a safety device for children.

A watchful eye and good upbringing should be good enough.

And no, I don't have kids, but I do see a 7 year old every single day who I am very close to.
    I had mine TWO years before the craze started, so there!
    Well you were obviously a spoilt 12 year old then! :p
  • Options
    It doesnt get anymore random than this thread...
    Yea i got one, i've got a Nokia 8310, but me wants an upgrade now... (yea i'm pay monthly)
  • Options
    I've got a Samsung A300 - Samsungs look good, but suck ass :p
    Gimme a Nokia anyday!!
  • Options
    Does anybody else have an o2 phone? I got mine free and I pay £20 a month line rental but because of all the "free" stuff with it I don't actually have a bill, so it is just £20 a month with a free phone! :)
  • Options
    Does anybody else have an o2 phone? I got mine free and I pay £20 a month line rental but because of all the "free" stuff with it I don't actually have a bill, so it is just £20 a month with a free phone! :)

Yea i'm pay monthly on o2. I pay 30 a month n get 300 free texts and 100 free minutes... not bad i suppose... and yea, the phone was free. As well as the usual junk they send with it... (handsfree kit etc)
  • Options
    why would it be an argument? I would never make anyhting people say on here into an argument, if it turns into one its not my fault.
    They were on holiday in Wales out on a day trip and she got lost in the crowd, it happens!!!
    Maybe they shouldnt be used by them but maybe there shouldrt be dirty bast**** out there that threaten the safety of youngsters. If I had kids id do whatever it takes to protect them. I cant see the harm or big deal about it. Atleast if anything happens to them it gives them an extra chance at being safe. I think its more sick the fact they need them than they have them.
  • Options
    I have a 7210, it was free :D:p
  • Options
    Well you were obviously a spoilt 12 year old then! :p

Fell for the bait there, didn't you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyT
    Yea i'm pay monthly on o2. I pay 30 a month n get 300 free texts and 100 free minutes... not bad i suppose... and yea, the phone was free. As well as the usual junk they send with it... (handsfree kit etc)
    :eek:

I got the free phone, pay £20 a month and get 500 free texts and about the same free minutes as you. How come you get less texts for more money?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Fell for the bait there, didn't you?
    Not really, it was a joke, hence the :p smiley.
  • Options
    I've got one of those old Nokias.
  • Options
    i have one. i only need one. everybody only needs one. more than one would just be crazy. i can get messages but i'm too poor to pay that extra $3 a month to be able to send them. :p its ghetto and it falls alot but it never really breaks. i pay somewhere between $35-$45 a month depending on where i use it. i get free long distance. why a person would need more than one phone is really beyond my comprehension.
  • Options
    :eek:

I got the free phone, pay £20 a month and get 500 free texts and about the same free minutes as you. How come you get less texts for more money?

Cause its not directly through o2. Its through a service called 'singlepoint'...ho hum! i dont pay the bill anyways... :)
  • Options
    I've got a Siemens C45. I did have a Nokia 8310 about this time last year but someone stole it whilst I was in an exam. :(
  • Options
    I have a siemens C45 too. On o2 pay as you go. And apparantly I just won £25 free calltime!
  • Options
    I have a mobile. I pay about 30 quid a month of something to be able to send around 3 texts a day to random people and probably get about 1 call a month or something.

It's such a waste of money, but if I ever leave it at home or whatever then I need it :/
  • Options
    I got one. Ive had 4 in the last 3 years :crazyeyes I get bored of them easily. The one I have at the mo is Sagem MW 3020. Had been wanting it for about a year and never had the money to get one. But bout it at christmas cos got a bit of dosh from my dad. Its quite a common phone :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I have a nokia 3310 with o2 pay as you go.Find my phone very useful and the experts though that text messaging wasn't going 2 be a big hit with users,i think its fair to say that the experts are wrong this time.
  • Options
    I have 2.

And yes Bumblebee, it is stupid that 8 yr olds have them.

My sister has one. She is ten. she only has one because we recently moved to birmingham and she moved school so she has to wait outside school for 10 minutes each day while my mum goes to pick her up. If this wasnt the case she wouldnt have one.
  • Options
    Almost everyone has them here in Iceland. It's funny how you come to grow so attatched to them that you can barely imagine yourself without one. Dad hated them with a passion until his work told him he had to have one. Now my parents are going to the States and are terribly stressed about being without their mobiles for a week. ;)

And ehrm.. to answer the question, yup, I have one (next November will be it's 3 year anniversary :p).
  • Options
    has nokia 7210 on 02 - pay a fortune on bills cause im addicted to texting (sad i know)

ive had sooo many phones in the last .. gawd knows how long... and i still remember every number :D (what a life i lead!)

anyone on 02 want me to phone them for 500 freeeee mins a month - i dont phone anyone... need... more... free... texts...
  • Options
    ive got a matrix fone
    (samsung v200)

bluddy bluddy lovely tis:D
  • Options
    I have a nokia 3310. I have had for the last 2 years now. It is broken, I need a new one, but cant afford it!
  • Options
    I've got a T68i... really nice phone but it is sooooo slow when texting! :mad: