Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Bank Statements

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,
This is probably a really stupid thing not to know but can I go into a bank and ask for a statement for say the last 3 months? Or do I need to wait for them to send it out?

Only I need a statement from Nationwide ASAP and dont want to go all the way into town to get one if I cant get one from the branch.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Can't you get a mini one printed out from the machine?
  • Options
    Re: Bank Statements
    Originally posted by Narcotic
    Hey,
    This is probably a really stupid thing not to know but can I go into a bank and ask for a statement for say the last 3 months? Or do I need to wait for them to send it out?

Only I need a statement from Nationwide ASAP and dont want to go all the way into town to get one if I cant get one from the branch.

Thanks

I think they charge you for extra ones.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Bank Statements
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I think they charge you for extra ones.

Gawd, they would, wouldn't they?! Charge you for every tiny minor thing. Cunts.
  • Options
    You can indeed ask for your old statements. But they will charge you. I know. I've just done it. :mad:
  • Options
    Depends what you want.
    If you want a proper statement, you can ask in the branch and they'll give you a copy of your last statement (which you'll probably have to pay for, and they may prefer to post). This will not be up-to-date, it will be an exact copy of the last one you recieved by post. You could do this by phone as well, and you may be able to do it over the internet.
    If you want just a piece of paper saying your last few transactions, you could probably get it from a cash machine of your bank.
    If you just want to have a look at your statement and don't even want a paper copy, you could telephone your bank and get them to read it to you, or go on the internet banking system if they have one.
    If you want a new, up to date statement you could probably ask at the bank or on the phone, and they will send you one, but this will only be transactions since your last statement, and since it's not at the time you normally get one, there may be a small charge. (my bank charges 50p for an extra statement when one isn't due, and £5 for a copy of an old one; internet and telephone is free).
  • Options
    I dont think a mini statement is enough. Its basically to open a student account whereby amongst a million other documents I also need a bank statment for the last 3 months if I bank elsewhere and I have a tendency to throw away statements which is kinda stupid looking at it now.
  • Options
    Thanks

Thanks for your responses
    I guess its better to just give them a call and see what they say- hopefully they can take pity and not charge me too much for one piece of paper!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Narcotic
    I dont think a mini statement is enough. Its basically to open a student account whereby amongst a million other documents I also need a bank statment for the last 3 months if I bank elsewhere and I have a tendency to throw away statements which is kinda stupid looking at it now.
    Proof of ID/address then?
    What you need is a postal statement. Ring up your bank, ask how much they charge to send out a new statement now, how much to have a copy of your last statement, and how long till your next statement is due. If you can wait, wait, otherwise get whichever is cheapest of the above.

My bank sends me a new 'interim' statement every 25 items, cos that fills up a page, so when I needed that I just made loads of 1p balance transfers till a statement was full. I did have a statement, but it needed the address and on my statements the address tears off on a seperate slip, and it says to do that before filling, so I did. :mad:

*edited cos my grammer's crap
    *and again cos my formatting is as well
  • Options
    Sweet.........

Got through to a lovely lady who has issued me a copy of my last statement free of charge :)