Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sunday surfing = Monday sunburnt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Good morning all,

Hope you all had a good weekend, and are glad to be back at work/school/still sat at your PC at home due to the fact that you are unemployed etc etc :p

I have the most horrific sunburn, spent 5 hrs on my surfboard yesterday thinking i had enough cream on and a rash vest (so no sunburnt back at least) but the sun had been reflecting off the water into my face, and now i look like a beetroot! Ouch, I'm in pain, and in need of some sympathy :(

Comments

• Options
    I have no sympathy for you whatsoever :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    I have no sympathy for you whatsoever :p

You are horrid lacy :(

:p
  • Options
    my weekend surfing in the UK (at Croyde) and the water still being 12deg C meant I had my full suit on, my face is a little pink, but not too bad as I did plaster myself with factor 20. Next time it will be factor 30...
    *gives small amount of sympathy* but not next time.
  • Options
    Bloody hell that's cold. It was about 35 degrees in the shade down here :/ i should have been more careful i suppose :p
  • Options
    Awww, diddums :(

Poor you! I'm suburnt too, kinda annoying but nothing that a bit of after-sun won't sort out! A little embarrassing when your face is bright red though - hehehe!
  • Options
    Getting suburnt is SO bad for your skin! It`s dangerous.
  • Options
    Common mistake to forget the face mate. And as you found out probably the easiest (and sorest) place to burn. Always use a really high factor (30+) and obviously make sure it's waterproof :rolleyes:
  • Options
    been there...although this year in the Eastern US, all we are getting is rain. And it's been below normal temperature-wise all year. So much for Global warming.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    my weekend surfing in the UK (at Croyde) and the water still being 12deg C meant I had my full suit on, my face is a little pink, but not too bad as I did plaster myself with factor 20. Next time it will be factor 30...
    *gives small amount of sympathy* but not next time.

I was at Croyde Thursday and friday.I dont surf but i bodyboard.I wish i didnt go school then i could bodyboard tomorrow its meant to be about 4 foot.I just tan so i dont need to worry bout burning.:D
  • Options
    oooh, I would like to try surfing, but im not sure where to start
  • Options
    Originally posted by draven
    oooh, I would like to try surfing, but im not sure where to start
    In the sea sounds like a good place :thumb:

sorry, blame the wine :yes:
  • Options
    :eek2:

always a good start, i guess :p
  • Options
    I dont get sunburnt, I just brown off nicely :D
  • Options
    Oh dear erm I'm not sure how to cure sun burn i supose you need to put a lot of lotion on
  • Options
    If you get really bad sunburn theres a good remedy, rub yoghurt over it. Just the natural yoghurt..........please dont ask me why it works because im thick and I aint got a clue :D
  • Options
    As you've had so much fun while I was stuck at work all weekend, you have no sympathy here! :p

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Aloe vera gel :p

Oh God Becky, I got visions of someone using strawberry youghurt by mistake and being plagued by wasps!