Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Crash, Bang, Wallop! I Crashed My Bike. :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Buggery bollocks!
This morning on the way to work I crashed my bike (bicycle). :crying:
I was cutting through the cycle path at the bottom of the road when I just went flying over the handlebars. :eek: I did a somersault as I flew over the handlebars, and the bike did its own somersault behind me. I thought it was going to land on me at one point. As I lay there on the path, I could hear air hissing from a tyre.
Once I'd got over the shock of it, and looked at the damage, I found a twisted metal rod (about 4mm in diameter) had punctured the tyre, then shot up, shattered the back of the mudguard, then jammed the front wheel solid, throwing me. It felt as if the bike had hit a brick wall at the time, and had come to a sudden standstill.
Luckily I put an arm out, then rolled on the ground, away from the bike. However, once I'd got back home I found I'd grazed my elbow, knee, scuffed up my jeans badly, and taken a good chunk of skin out of my hand - and had to cut away the flap of skin before cleaning it up (see pic).
I was lucky really, because where I went over there's often broken glass from beer bottles as the local scum cut through the cycle path a lot. Could've been much worse!
Anyhow. I'm just sitting here aching a bit at the moment, and have to fix the bike - new tyre, inner tube, and mudguard - plus any other damage I haven't noticed yet. :(

I need a hug. Or at least all the sore achey bits given a kiss better. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)

Comments

• Options
    where's the pic?

*kisses it all better*
  • Options
    Added it now. Forgot to add it the first time, couldn't edit the post to add it (doh!), so deleted and remade the post.

It's not that spectacular to look at, but it was quite a few layers of skin that came off that small area. ow ow ow ow. :(

Oh, and I was late for work too. :mad:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Awwwwwwwww! Glad you're ok! *mwah!* for all ya pain.
  • Options
    Aww.

Yeah i did that once but it was on a main road on a blind corner :(
  • Options
    And people ask me why I dont ride bikes.
  • Options
    Awww! :( *mwah!*
  • Options
    *Kisses better*
  • Options
    AHHH bless...It the shock that does the most damage!

I was hit by a car once and the bloke said 'Sorry love, I could see you had your lights on..I just didn't see you' !!!

The whole of my back wheel was bent and I had to walk home, about halfway home I just started crying in the street! Then I had the whole palaver of getting my bike fixed so I could carryon cycling to and from work!
  • Options
    Aww, thank you all. I found I had a few more bumps and bruises by the time I woke up this morning! :( They could do with some kissing better too! :D

byny, what a bummer. :( At least I can fix my own bike, but it's still going to cost a few quid. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Wobble, is it an MTB? if you dont have much bike servicing knowledge i'd send it into your local shop, if it was a bad crash. There are always small things that happen to your bike and if left unchecked may escalate and cause a huge amount of damage... hubs especially, if your cones in them come loose then you're fucked... If it wasnt too bad a crash it should be ok though... i dunno.
  • Options
    *big kisses all over*

feel any better?;)
  • Options
    and an extra big kiss for you J! *big kiss on the lips!!*:D ;)