Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

We Are Hearing Stories Of Explosions In Kabul

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We aren't geting much news on the subject but would appreciate any information about explosions or bombs in Kabul, Afganistan.

Thank you.

Diesel

Comments

• Options
    Sorry can't contribute much except there are supposedly missiles being fired there.

"Avauncez! To Defend and Serve!"
  • Options
    I suspect that the bunkers where their stinger missles were stored may have been hit...US gave them stingers to fight USSR...not the sort of thing you spread around the hood and we don't want them shot back at US, do we?

Diesel

• Options
    I believe that this is due to ongoing civil war and an anti-taleban leader being killed/taken, rather than a retaliatory strike.

• Options
    Nothing firm regarding Kabul on the BBC. I agree this is far too soon to be a US move.
  • Options
    Its been said its the Northern Alliance. The anti-taliban group in Afghanistan. Their leader was killed by a bomb last week and this may well have been a revenge attack on the tabliban, who they thought killed him.

The US wouldnt hesitate to claim responsibility if they had launched at Afghanistan.
  • Options
    When you hear about bombs in Pakistan and Iraq too you can be sure that the US is retalliating...they will be going after anyone who supports these organisations...