Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

dont name anyone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...because Im not trying to start a bitch fight here, but do you reckon that there are regular posters on here, who are completely the opposite from what they say?

Like, maybe they're a guy when they say they're a girl, or maybe they say the do something they dont, or are a type of person when they're not.

Basically, how many regular posters (if any) on here, do you think are just complete bullshit?

Have you ever thought maybe someone here has done something really bad, like rape or murder, or are even a paedophile or a mugger or whatever.

DONT GET ME WRONG! Im not trying to accuse anyone, or even say that there ARE people on here who lie through their teeth, because I dont necessarily think that at all. I was just wandering what you thought.

Comments

• Options
    It's quite possible. There's people that have experienced that stuff so why not people that have done that stuff... Be careful who you're talking to online!
  • Options
    its the same as in real life........many bullshitters, cheats and liars.

Not aimed at anyone in particular here , but from personal experience even your own mates will shit on you given half the chance :(
  • Options
    I think there's probably quite a few people who make out like they're "all that" and seem to be a popular kinda person on here, but maybe are quite the opposite in 'real' life :rolleyes:

Never thought about any posters being murderers/rapists/paedophiles though :eek2:
  • Options
    *** *** is a forty year old pervert deffo :) (either that or a 12 year old)
  • Options
    well i dunno... not really thought about it to be honest. i know one person on here who is just like she says (socksgirl) and one who is a little dodgy (mobily :p )
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael
    and one who is a little dodgy (mobily :p )

Ah but he doesn't pretend he's not, we all know he's an odd one ;):p
  • Options
    well yes thats true faith.... he's out on the pull tonight belive it or not!
  • Options
    I think Morrocan roll is not rerally who he says he is. I think he's a leprachaun :yes:
  • Options
    Yeah i do think some people here make themselves out to be something their not. Either biggin summat up or completely lying about circumstances etc. Or there could be people who have lied about everything...age, location and all that hoohah.

Or we could all be church going trutharians :D
  • Options
    well yes thats true faith.... he's out on the pull tonight belive it or not!

See, that's the problem with the youth of today - they don't understand that people can just go out for a few beers and laughs!

I don't go out to pull because I have a girlfriend - a lass that I really like.
  • Options
    youth of today?...mobily you sound like a bloody 80 year old pensioner... your what 3-4 years older than me? :D
  • Options
    your what 3-4 years older than me? :D

All the difference my son, all the difference. :p
  • Options
    esp in the bed room em mate? :D
  • Options
    It's kind of expected when you're an onlince community.
    There'll always be some, who feel the need to 'have a laugh', or just prove themselves online.
  • Options
    i was thinking about this the other day. I feel some people are genuine, but i also think a few people are absolute bullshitters. But hey if it makes them feel good why not. - so longs as they aren't stalkers, paedophiles or shit like that :nervous:
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    [BOr we could all be church going trutharians :D [/B]

Ooo, following on from that idea, maybe in real life there are people who are completely conservative and would never do anything out of the ordinary, and use thesite to unleash their mad side. Maybe, in real life, mr roll's completely normal ;)

On my other forums there was a scandal almost a year ago with a girl that everyone looked up to and everyone loved having lied. She was even a moderator (mods there are chosen from regular members). It was a bit upsetting to find that she'd lied about having tried to commit suicide and stuff, and about having leukemia. But hey, shit happens, and online I suppose no-one should be completely trusted, however genuine they may seem, cause it may be a load of bullshit.

Recently a guy that I've been mates online with for a while showed his nasty side, and unleashed a personal attack on me. I've met him in real life too. Maybe people in real life as well as online can conceal their true selves like that. Or maybe I'm just the most gullible prat ever.
  • Options
    I guess it is possible but the thought hadn't crossed my mind
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy

On my other forums there was a scandal almost a year ago with a girl that everyone looked up to and everyone loved having lied. She was even a moderator (mods there are chosen from regular members). It was a bit upsetting to find that she'd lied about having tried to commit suicide and stuff, and about having leukemia.

that happened at my college a couple of years ago. The girl told everyone, her tutors her friends everyone that she had just been diagnosed breast cancer and how like 6 months to live or something.

She even faked going to hospital appointments and what not, eventually she got sussed (obviously because she didnt die) and she only managed to stay at the college with all the people she'd lied to about something so huge and massively upsetting, because everyone was mature enough to let her carry on. No one trusted her ever again though.
  • Options
    Dunno really. There are some people occasionally whose stories seem a bit exagerated snd makes you wonder, but on another level I think quite a few people make up multiple identities when they want to get help with a problem and stay anonymous, because they don't want friends reading it or it doesn't fit in with their normal projected image on here
  • Options
    Never really thought about it, because it's up to them really. I'm only concerned about it when I'm getting more closely involved with people, or meeting them and stuff.
  • Options
    It's the internet

It's the internet. You just accept that people online aren't always who they appear to be. Everyone is different on the internet, intentionally or not.
  • Options
    you all pretend to have lives but your all sad fucks who stay on the internet all day
  • Options
    hey are you angelbabe in disguise :D
  • Options
    I'm a 52 year old paedophile :D

not really
  • Options
    hmm.......52 huh

nah
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    I'm a 52 year old paedophile :D

not really

Someone tell Chaos one of his boyfriends has logged in as him again.
  • Options

Lol....stop making me sound like a whore. I don't have a boyfriend, I'm single.

And quit trying to hurt my feelings by saying such offensive things.
  • Options

:lol: ah funny shit
  • Options
    Yeah I am sure people have said things have happened to them that haven't or people have really exaggerated stories but I don't really care, it isn't like I know these people is it? If they don't have lives interesting enough to tell the truth about then that is their problem. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    :lol: ah funny shit

And you can shut the fuck up too.
This discussion has been closed.