Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

9 year olds in thongs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by duffy_2k

If they wanted to, yes. Its going to do no harm whatsoever. If i walked up to you with a padded bra on [yes i am male!!!], do you think you would find this disgusting? kids of that age usually dont have any breasts to cover with a padded bra. You could use the same argument for "crop tops"
    Padded bras are designed to enhance your cleaveage. That is their purpose. An 8 year old doesn't have boobs to enhance, and even if they did, no parent would want to draw attention to that fact.

You say that an 8 year old child has no idea that things like thongs and padded bras are "sexy" but you're very very wrong. Children these days are growing up so much faster. We live in an age where it is seen as appropriate to tell young children about sex (which I don't disagree with per se) but from there their curiosity grows. They watch TV shows designed for adults (my 7 year old cousin is obsessed with the show "Friends") and they see people wearing these things as items designed to enhance their sexuality. Children are having crushes younger and younger. When I was 8 my thoughts were "urgh boys" but these days children are encouraged to fancy each other through magazines aimed at this age group. They get free things such as diaries and are told by the magazine makers "use this to write about that special boy" etc etc. I know these things exist because I spend a lot of time around my 7 year old cousin and her friends.

They talk about boys and who they fancy. They want short skirts because they see older people wearing them, and even though you deny this, they do know what "sexy" is and they do think that they should be doing it too. Makeup is another example. When I was 8 I stole my mum's makeup to paint my face like a tiger, not a prostitute like some of these youngsters. You only have to look at little girls in the street to see they are dressing differently. Most of them dress more "grown up" than me. I find it refreshing to see a child that actually resembles a child these days.

Crop tops aren't meant to enhance anything. They're designed i think, to let a parent get away with not buying a little girl a bra. The child sees mummy wearing a bra and thinks she should have one. No sensible mother would buy them a bra so young so opts for a crop top. The child feels more grown up, but they're not really, it is just a shorter vest. Furthermore, I think a child who wears a padded bra to school is likely to actually show other children which is inappropriate. I didn't even wear cropped tops until I was about 10, then I wore them until I was nearly 13 because I didn't have anything to cover up, lol.
  • Options
    Was that the article in the Daily Mail? I read that - about the school where they banned thongs but said that they wouldn't be carrying out 'spot checks' or anything to see if the kids were wearing them!

If these little kids are still doing handstands in the playground and showing off their knickers, then they shouldn't be wearing thongs. I don't really like the idea of 8/9 year olds wearing sexy underwear but what's more worrying is that people see it! I guess what I'm trying to say is that if they want to wear thong underwear they shouldn't let people know that they're wearing it. Thongs have their advantages such as getting rid of VPLs and sometimes being more comfortable, but who cares about VPLs at that age? And like someone else said, why would they be wearing something so tight anyway? There's also the fact that thongs aren't very hygenic. At that age, personal hygiene isn't always a priority and when they hit puberty it becomes more of an issue. Thongs can cause thrush and so on, and I think it's a bad idea to have young girls wearing them.

My first 'bra' was a pink and white crop top which my mum bought me. It was completely plain and not very sexy at all, and was really just a step up from wearing a vest. I never really saw the point of sexy underwear as no one was going to see it! I don't think I first wore a thong until I was about 15 - I was usually in school uniform and it wouldn't have occurred to me to wear a thong to school.
  • Options
    Ok, people are seriously overreacting here. Can anyone honestly tell me that they would have even thought of becoming a drug user at 8? a smoker? using alcohol recreationally? Its kind of like the chaos theory.

I actually know quite a few people who started smoking at around 9. My dad being one of them, but it was cannabis back then. Anyway, i didnt make that comment so i'll let whoever did answer it.

You seem to be forgetting you can get normal underwear in those styles as well. Should we stop children from wearing skirts as well? because we see them as sexy?

:confused: Im not forgetting anything. My point was that it doesnt matter how innocent the design is (little fluffy pink hearts), a thong is a thong and was created to be sexy. And to be honest yes... if i found a pair of leather knickers in a size for an 8 year old, id freak out.
    And as for skirts, it all depends what type of skirt you're talking about. If you're on about the 'belt' that some men find attractive (if you like tarts), i dont think a child should be wearing something of that length anyway, whether men find it attractive or not. Its impractical. And i didnt know that a knee length denim skirt was particularly classed as 'sexy' to a man I dont think id let my 8 year old go round in anything above her knees. I wouldn't let my 8 year old walk around in a skirt that flashed her ass when she bent over.

If they wanted to, yes. Its going to do no harm whatsoever. If i walked up to you with a padded bra on [yes i am male!!!], do you think you would find this disgusting? kids of that age usually dont have any breasts to cover with a padded bra. You could use the same argument for "crop tops"

as BB said, padded bras are to enhance a girls chest, not to cover it up. Id know lovey - I am a woman :p And to be honest i find it quite disturbing to think that you see no harm in an 8 year old trying to enhance her chest.

Why do you think women want to enhance their chests? Now tell me why you think an 8 year old would need to enhance her chest?

If this is your opinion you may aswell just send your 8 year old off for breast implants... after all... where's the harm in that??? [/sarcasm].