Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Soooooooo Not Impressed!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *sits back and waits in amusement for socksgirl or Samael to come along and read all this*
  • Options
    OK, he might not wait around, but who said they were expecting/wanting an everlasting relationship? They might just be enjoying each others company. I mean, I dont know them, but in the real world people dont just go out with people the same age as them, and as long as people arent getting taken advantage of and arent getting pressured into doing things they dont want to do then its OK. Just because hes 18 doesnt mean hes some sort of uncontrollable monster who will take advantage of any girl and if he doesnt get his way he will leave. I find that slightly offensive so i dread to think what Samael thinks. Also im sure socksgirl is very flattered that people just a couple of years older than her feel the need to protect her and tell her what to do as shes so vunerable and innocent, but im sure shes quite capable of making her own decisions.
  • Options
    Oh dear. Well, actually, bearing in mind what Perfect Day said, I wanna hear what the two have to say..
  • Options
    to be honest with you i dont have a lot to say at this exact moment in time.... om off out with socks in about 3 mins so i cant really ahng around and write a reply but i shall when i get back later this evening... 1983,please dont compare me to your own "advantures" at 18 we aint all dirty little uncontroable tarts (sorry if that offends you but its you my opinion and im voicing it as you where yours ;) ) and rainbow brite thank you for the support it is more than welcome a lot of people on here seem to critise our relationship and what it may or may not lead to some have even stooped so low as name calling (molo) rather than a serious discussion and back to you 1983 i have a lot of self control.. dont you think i have also thought about what you have mentioned and to be honest it has also been on my mind quite a lot recently... i may pm you later. and socks knows im a little uncomfertable about the whole age gap thingie.

one more thing rainbow brite, just for the record im working and im also in a managment position if that makes any difference to you, i was in collage at 16 im attually a couple of years infront of where i should be :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael

one more thing rainbow brite, just for the record im working and im also in a managment position if that makes any difference to you, i was in collage at 16 im attually a couple of years infront of where i should be :D

So your quite possibly more mature for your age than you should be? Yet you date a child?

I aint critising your relationship. Its all good if you love each other, but im just having a bit of trouble working out the age thing.
  • Options

D'ya not think your grammar and spelling should improve so your employees can follow suit?!

I am not an uncontrollable little tart, thank you very much, and I don't mess around with CHILDREN!

I dunno, I'm sorry if I went on a tangeant, but without the distactful remarks, a lot is quite true. She is still going through puberty, and yours has stopped. You are of legal age to do lots, and she's still got exams. You're out earning money, and I bet she doesn't even know what a P60 is. It's a little dodgy is all.
  • Options
    I'm with rainbow brite on this one...

Plus I don't see a 14-year-old girl as being a child necessarily. True, she's probs still developing physically and all the rest of it, but it doesnt mean that mentally she's not prepared for this relationship. I think they've made the conscious decision of not basing their relationship on purely physical activity and focused on their emotional connection instead. Yes it does and can happen.

Btw, if when I was 14 someone had referred to me as a child, I would've made this face --> :eek2: . Don't think we're giving socksgirl a lot of credit here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samuti
    I'm with rainbow brite on this one...

Plus I don't see a 14-year-old girl as being a child necessarily. True, she's probs still developing physically and all the rest of it, but it doesnt mean that mentally she's not prepared for this relationship. I think they've made the conscious decision of not basing their relationship on purely physical activity and focused on their emotional connection instead. Yes it does and can happen.

Btw, if when I was 14 someone had referred to me as a child, I would've made this face --> :eek2: . Don't think we're giving socksgirl a lot of credit here.

My sisters 14 and shes a baaaaaaaby. A baby dammit!

At 14 what exactly have you done? Well you've um been in school for 9 years? Tis about it.

At 18, hes in a mangerial position...and im thinking hmm, what do they have in common? I mean she has homework, he has rotas and shit like that. See what i mean?
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay

At 14 what exactly have you done? Well you've um been in school for 9 years? Tis about it.

At 18, hes in a mangerial position...and im thinking hmm, what do they have in common? I mean she has homework, he has rotas and shit like that. See what i mean?

I've seen how 14 year olds act, ffs, I was one, and I couldn't handle a bloke 4 years older than me! If I did, I'd get a clout around the ear for being so tarty! Cause everyone knows what a bloke at 18 wants from his lass!
  • Options
    my spelling and grammer dont make any difference in my role at work lacy but thank you for caring sweetheart :D
    So your quite possibly more mature for your age than you should be? Yet you date a child?

i do attually consider myself more mature than my age, up untill several months ago most my friends where in there mid 20's early 30's and im also the youngest at work yet have most of the responsibility so i know where socks is and what the pressure is like when people judge you because of your age.
    I aint critising your relationship. Its all good if you love each other, but im just having a bit of trouble working out the age thing

i dont mind a little criticisim, its to be expected not everyone is gonna be happy cause of the age difference like 1983 said, but i also understand where you are coming from regarding age i admittidly also have quite a large problem with it and it also scares me to an extent to be honest but i really have got to go i will reply asap.
  • Options
    I never said nothing bout your grammar dammit!
  • Options
    Think he lost track of the lasses who were ganging up on him..:eek2:

sorry! t'was me..:p
  • Options
    That's your sister who you have seen growing up and is gonna seem like a baby in your eyes for a lot of years to come so i think this is slightly different.
    I know most of the lasses I know were all sexually active at 14/15, I'm not saying its right but each to their own. There not even planning on having sex so what is the problem. A few years, whippee, lets name and shame him :confused:
    He's found a lass he likes so i don't see any reason why he shouldn't see her. I also can't see why he won't have anything in common with her. I'm 20, I have an ex whos just turned 16 and I get on excellent with her (better than any other lass I know). I have mates (lads and lasses) who's ages range from 16-35 and I have plenty in common with all of them
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    That's your sister who you have seen growing up and is gonna seem like a baby in your eyes for a lot of years to come so i think this is slightly different.
    I know most of the lasses I know were all sexually active at 14/15, I'm not saying its right but each to their own. There not even planning on having sex so what is the problem. A few years, whippee, lets name and shame him :confused:
    He's found a lass he likes so i don't see any reason why he shouldn't see her. I also can't see why he won't have anything in common with her. I'm 20, I have an ex whos just turned 16 and I get on excellent with her (better than any other lass I know). I have mates (lads and lasses) who's ages range from 16-35 and I have plenty in common with all of them

Oh yeah i know its different for my sister, and dont get me wrong i was shaggin and going out with people older by the time i was 14 but maybe thats why i know it can be kinda weird.

Like Rainbow Brite said, you could be incredibly immature and thats why you'd get on with babbas but he dont sound like he is! And its people like that that makes you wonder what they are doing with kids (and regardless of physical/mental shit) they are children. Teenagers with no or little life experience.
  • Options
    I don't see any problem with the age gap. I'd only find it sick if they were having sex, and that only because I have a 14 year old sister who, like Lacy, I still see as a baby. Good luck to them.
  • Options
    Like Rainbow Brite said, you could be incredibly immature and thats why you'd get on with babbas but he dont sound like he is! And its people like that that makes you wonder what they are doing with kids (and regardless of physical/mental shit) they are children. Teenagers with no or little life experience.
    I agree, but experience has to come from somewhere. Why not from an 18yr old lad who sounds a nice enough guy to share his experience's with her and lead her in the right direction as he knows kinda whats round the corner for her cos he's been there and done it (exams and shit). I know my ex who's just turned 16 and doing her GCSE's now, I advice her and she's studying cos I tell her to, no lad her own age would get her to study because at that age you don't see the importance of exams and stuff (well I know I certainly didn't) so I think it can be good to have a GF/BF older than you to try and push you in the right direction. Gonna stop waffling now cos am losing myself.
  • Options
    I agree, but experience has to come from somewhere. Why not from an 18yr old lad who sounds a nice enough guy to share his experience's with her and lead her in the right direction as he knows kinda whats round the corner for her cos he's been there and done it (exams and shit). I know my ex who's just turned 16 and doing her GCSE's now, I advice her and she's studying cos I tell her to, no lad her own age would get her to study because at that age you don't see the importance of exams and stuff (well I know I certainly didn't) so I think it can be good to have a GF/BF older than you to try and push you in the right direction. Gonna stop waffling now cos am losing myself.

I agree with all that. As long as he doesn't patronise her - that's annoying as hell!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    hes only a few years older and theyre not having sex, whats the problem.

Yep.
  • Options

Yeah but you cant help feeling the young girls a slag, and the older lads too sad to get a girl his own age.

Think me mums brainwashed me :chin:

Maybe im being hypocritical, at 16 i was going out with a 22 year old and i never saw anything wrong with that. I just think between 14-16 is a kinda odd time. Your neither a child nor an adult if you get what i mean. And the closer you get to 14, the more of a kid she is. When i was that age i remember thinking i was really mature but compared to now i so wasnt. Its kinda strange ground.

But yes like you said thats one bonus.
  • Options
    I'm not a giiiiiiirl...not yet a womaaaaan..all I need is time, a moment that is miiiiine, whiiiiile I'm in betweeeeen...
  • Options
    I dont know socksgirl or samael, so i dont know how mature either of them are in real life, but they obviously have some connection, and hes not specifically going for 14 year olds, hes found someone he likes and if anything hes worried about the fact shes 14 but that doesnt mean you can switch off your feelings. From what i can see theyre taking it slow and shes not being pressurised into anything she doesnt want to do. remember hes only a few years older, she might be mature for her age, A lot of 14 year olds can seem a lot older than they are, yet some obviously still act like children, its one of those tricky ages. A hell of a lot of 14 and 15 year old girls have relationships with older boys because girls tend to mature quicker, boys their own age can seem childish if i remember correctly, and loads of people even lose their virginity at that age and *shock horror* dont regret it. Socksgirl wants to wait a bit longer though and thats her choice - good for her, and shes found a bloke who she likes and he likes her and hes not pressuring her. one of my husbands friends is 20 with a 17 year old girlfriend - theyve been together since she was 15, If it was so wrong and abusive as some of you seem to be implying, then they wouldnt still be together now
  • Options
    a lot of people on here seem to critise our relationship and what it may or may not lead to some have even stooped so low as name calling (molo) rather than a serious discussion

OI!
    name calling is where its at! and it was nothin to do with the relationship i started name callin, jus i took it into account to brutally destroy you verbally! hahahahaha

sorry, but i'm kinda in the same boat apart from i'm not as bad and my situation is accepted

so in conclusion i am not stoopin low because i've made fun of you cus how ever many people will deny it, they giggled at ish i was sayin!

so go FORK YOUSELF INDEED, cus you won't be gettin any 'forkin' for a while.
  • Options
    I think I started something *whistles innocently* and I am actually amazed at the amount of people who are sticking up for us here! I'm not vulnerable, I can look after myself, and I am not going to change myself or my principles for anybody. Ok, so some 14 year olds can be immature. So can some 80 year olds for God's sake! Example - today walking home from town we saw an old man maybe in his 60's riding a bike and beeping a clown horn :p wearing flourescent pink :eek2: Like, oh my god, my mates are telling me to have sex! Like I'm going to listen to them! I've done the whole letting your mates rule your life thing, I'm over it now. For the first time in my life I am HAPPY! Can you just be happy for me? Please? Instead of critisizing me?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*socksgirl*x*
    Can you just be happy for me? Please? Instead of critisizing me?

I cant be arsed to read through about 10 pages of threads, so im not gonna critiscise you :p

Dont WORRY Be HAPPY ...............Tis a good song that innit :D

Edited because theres only 6 pages, but I still cant be arsed :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*socksgirl*x*
    I think I started something *whistles innocently* and I am actually amazed at the amount of people who are sticking up for us here! I'm not vulnerable, I can look after myself, and I am not going to change myself or my principles for anybody. Ok, so some 14 year olds can be immature. So can some 80 year olds for God's sake! Example - today walking home from town we saw an old man maybe in his 60's riding a bike and beeping a clown horn :p wearing flourescent pink :eek2: Like, oh my god, my mates are telling me to have sex! Like I'm going to listen to them! I've done the whole letting your mates rule your life thing, I'm over it now. For the first time in my life I am HAPPY! Can you just be happy for me? Please? Instead of critisizing me?
    *clap clap clap*

See, she's fine! :):p
  • Options
    i think i have attually just upset socks in a major way....

i have been thinking about this myself for quite awhile now and i love her, i have told her this but not in the way i should... i love her but things are going to fast. i see the age gap as quite a problem and i did voice that form the start, but at this moment in time i dont see it being anything more than friends for awhile.... there are several little "quirks" she doe's that remind me about her age and i must admit i try to forget and deny how old she is to myself and i cant do that cause eventually it will cause problems...

she has just signed off msn after i told her i wanted to take a step back but i hope she comes back soon, i do care about her i just dont think the time is right for us.

edited to add: i feel like a major bastard now...
  • Options
    I'm happy for you! It's only a four year age gap here, for goodness sake. There comes a point where you can't just criticise people's lives for the sake of it - let it be.
  • Options
    Whoops bad timing.

Um.

Didn't see Samael's last post.

Shouldn't you phone her or something, instead of telling everyone on here about it? I'm not sure she'd appreciate it if she sees this.
  • Options
    i had to get it off my chest either way, i cant phone she is eating... i wish i chould but her mum wont like that. same as like not letting me call her, only letting me spend a couple of hours a week with her etc. its not something i want to base a serious longterm relationship on i dont think its the best thing to do. maybe in time but i think we need to take a step back and see what happens,how things go and just slowdown a little
  • Options
    I'm sorry things aren't working out for you - but I really think she wouldn't be too happy if she came back and saw you telling us all this.

Just my opinion - maybe she wouldn't care at all, I don't know.

I hope you work things out. Call her asap.
This discussion has been closed.