Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eric Robert Rudolph ~ Phineas Priest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A man who acted in righteous indignation to save the live of millions of innocents from slaughter...hide and seek champion...now captured in North Carolina, USA.

He was hideing out as a homeless person.

Comments

• Options
    According to Yahoo news he is thought to be behind the bomb at the Atlanta Olympics as well as an abortion clinic.

If that is true then I'm most pleased he's been caught. May he rot in jail until hell freezes over.
  • Options
    A pro-lifer? I'm really in a quandary over whether abortions should be legal. Human life should be sacred, so why if you are inside someone does it suddenly become expendable? Then again, why should a woman have to have an unwanted child who could be coming at a bad time etc. Dunno on this one.
  • Options
    The problem is not that he's a pro-lifer, but that he kills or attempt to kill those who hold different views.

A bit like if pro-choicers bombed churches and those who attended them for interfering in other people's lives.
    (tempting, I know, but still not nice) ;)
  • Options
    All that aside, he has long been a member of white supremacist groups which advocate the murder of ethinic minorities in order to cleanse America. That and the fact that he has been on the FBI's most wanted list since he bombed the Atlanta Olympics is sufficient cause for jubilation.

Im with you on this one, although life without the possibility of parole would satisfy me in this case. No sense sinking to the deplorable attitude of Bush and those who support him on the matter of capitol punishment.
  • Options
    Get ready for the tiral of the century...this one will top the OJ Simpson trial and ER just might get the same verdict.

Woe to de poor feds who must now go to work in de city...de camping trip is over.

btw...ER has been thoroughly deamonized by the US government agencies...a lot of unfounded name calling but all that is really actually known is that he is a fundamentalist christian that opposed abortion...all the rest is guesswork and nothing more.

:eek:
  • Options
    Considering that the Bush admin itself is both stocked with fundamentalist Christian whackos as well as heavily influenced from without by the Christian Right, I would suspect that there's much more evidence of his role in far more heinous activities than simply attacking the odd clinic.

Otherwise, as he is one of their own ilk, it's highly doubtfully he'd be the target of such costly and time intensive manhunts.
  • Options
    Looks like an extremely unpleasant piss of crap, whatever way you look at it to be honest.
  • Options
    Trust me on this one folks...the US government, et al., does not like ER...is and has been deamonizing him on every ocasion.

They are not even sure that he committed any of the accused crimes...as for what he belongs to...probably nothing, acted alone and was given public support by a lot of 'folks' who enjoyed the fedgov's discompfort.

Acting alone as a 'cell of one' he became a symbol of the most dangerous man on earth (or so they say privately) which is why so many resources were put into finding him...unfortunately for the fedgov the young officer took him alive and if he gets an attorney like Jerry Spence (Randy Weaver/Ruby Ridge) there is the probablity that he will beat the charges.

After all...he really is a flok hero in the region and geting an acquital won't be that hard.:lol:
  • Options
    he's as dangerous and extremist as anyone in Al Qaeda. He has also preverted his Christian religion into a death cult like the extremists from the Middle East.
  • Options
    Turns out he was a Christian terrorist...belonging to a group started in the UK.

Federal investigators believe Rudolph has had a long association with the radical Christian Identity movement, which asserts that North European whites are the direct descendants of the lost tribes of Israel, God's chosen people. Some investigators also think he may have written letters that claimed responsibility for the nightclub and abortion clinic bombings on behalf of the Army of God, a violent offshoot of Christian Identity.

He also believed, I heard on t.v. yesterday, that he believed Whites were having more abortions than Blacks and Blacks were already having more babies.

So it's not like he was a radical who felt the unborn were already human beings...he didn't like abortion based on racial grounds.
  • Options
    Identity Christianity is a direct descendant of the ole British/Israel movement that goes back more than a century.

And until recent years it was also quite popular in Canada...maybe New Zealand, etc.

:eek:
  • Options
    http://www.british-israel-world-fed.ca/

I did a quick search and found this...don't flame me...I haven't read it...but I am guilty of looking and finding!
  • Options
    It reminds me of this.

Same kind of loonies anyway.