Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Inspiration

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What parts of your life inspire you to do/think the things you do? And which people have inspired you the most in your life? Is there certain things that you do Eg- listen to music that really influence your thoughts on things?

Comments

• Options
    Listening to music - yes :)

Music is so powerful it can put you in the right mood for anything - sleep, work, sex, going out, and it can cheer you up or bring you down.

People who inspire me... my mum and dad, my friends and I hate to say it but my teachers at school! (I'm gonna miss them *sob*)
  • Options
    I find my memories can be inspirational.
    the memory of my dad for example
    and books (things like Dostoevsky, John Berger, Michael Ondaatje, Puskin, etc ) have really influenced they way I think about things
    and of course music
  • Options
    lots of films have influenced me to think about things differently
  • Options
    Memories, films, photographs, listening to music (esp. acoustic stuff), conversations about the past, listening to others talk..... they all inspire me. :)
  • Options
    Lolliee

Don't need to say anything else.
  • Options
    I would have to say that the music that inspires me is Enya's music.

I would have to say that the person that had inspired me was my mother. Even though she has passed on now, I would jus have to say that she has inspired me most because she was always a strong willed person until the end. She also was very caring, loving, understanding, and it always seemed she put a lot of people first, even while she was sick, until the very last couple of days of her life.