Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

McDonalds Food

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tonight we went to McDonalds to take little un for a treat. We ordered our meal and the chips were freezing cold, so I takes them back for hot ones.
I open my burger and theres no relish on :eek:
So that goes back too.
Waiting ten minuites still no chips or burger, so drank my cup of coffee.
Chips come back, NO salt on !!!!!!!!
Burger comes and its passable.
So I leave the chips and ate the burger because I was starving, the waitress woman was walking past so I asks if the manager is on, he's on holiday so she gets the duty manager to pop and see me. So I tell her what crap food and service they have given me tonight. she writes in the book what meals we had and next time they will be free.......Do I really wanna go again? No not really, I only went to take little un.

So, what is the McDonalds like in your area?
Would you complain as I did tonight if your meal arrived the way it did for me?

Comments

• Options
    You should always complain if you're dissatisfed with something! A moto of McDonald's is 'keep the customer satisfied and the business will take care of itself.' This illustrates the fundamental importance of the consumer - so complain!

I work @ McDonald's! I'm currently on the grills, i.e. cooking, dressing (putting fillings in) and wrapping. It's only until I return to uni, mind, but it's good and enjoyable! :D
  • Options
    My local McDonalds (with can either be Bradford or Southampton or any along the motorway connecting the two cities :p ) are all crap.

I didn't think the chips could come without salt?

And the McDonalds breakfast (when I'd mustered the courage to order one) came with the usual vomit-egg, muffin and hash brown, + whatever else, and a flavoured-coaster-thing.

It was herby flavoured thing, and it had the look and feel of a coaster. This McDonalds was Bradford Forster Square.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I would complain, I normally check before I leave that everything is ok. Whenever I go to Mcdonalds its the ones in Leeds city centre, I've never had a problem there, probably cause the food is always freshly cooked with it being so busy!

They opened a new McDonalds, just up the road from me in Colton. I went in, and it was CLEAN, you could see the white tables, I was shocked. Mind you, I'm betting it won't be like that in a few months! Oooh, and we have a new Pizza Hut and KFC too! :D

I never thought I could make such a long post about McDonalds :eek2:
  • Options
    Of course I would complain.
    Me and my mum went to our local and I ordered a Mc Fish and fries and a cuppaccino. So I waited for about 15 mins as they were short staffed. Finally I went up and the woman said " Oh you ordered the Mc Fishy didnt you?" and ran off to get it but we got the Mc Fish for free, free top ups on coffee and free dessert.
    So I'd say you were cheated but Mc Donalds is going downhill anyway so :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed

And the McDonalds breakfast....

This McDonalds was Bradford Forster Square.

The only reason that chips come with Salt is so you buy a drink cause the salt makes you thirsty.

I quite like the McDonalds breakfast, the Bacon McRoll is actually REAL bacon with HP Brown Sauce *drools*

And its Bradford, its bound to be shite :p
  • Options

After they are cooked they shake salt over them I think, obviously they didnt. They deffinately had no salt on and were tasteless :D

Mobily so why did it arrive with no relish/gerkin on? they purely forgot?
  • Options
    Mc Donalds food-Lol. Nearly every time i go to McDonalds i ask for a big mac with just cheese and tomato sauce,none of the shit on it,what happens..The Burger comes out with all the stuff on it,i go back and complain,the burger comes out and it happens a second time in the one fucking night!But some of the time it is fine and when it is fine the burgers are nice but they should get the fucking order correct.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Mobily so why did it arrive with no relish/gerkin on? they purely forgot?

lol I dunno! Probably busy and rushing (it can be EXTREMELY busy and rushy) or they got the orders mixed up.

That 'gerkin' is actually a pickle.

That 'relish' is actually normal ketchup on beefburgers, cheeseburgers and quarter pounders (mustard on first two, too).

Big Macs and Mega Macs have a weird-looking sauce specifically for them.

Mexican ones use a special sauce plus gwatamoli (sp?).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    lol I dunno! Probably busy and rushing (it can be EXTREMELY busy and rushy) or they got the orders mixed up.

That 'gerkin' is actually a pickle.

LOL it was very quiet, only 5 other people in there so they cant use that as an excuse :p

So its a pickle is it, well I dont eat it and little un calls it a gerkin so thats why I took the burger back cos she was devestated it didnt have a gerkin on, she loves them :lol:
  • Options
    LOL it was very quiet, only 5 other people in there so they cant use that as an excuse :p

Hmm strange. I would have complained or at least asked for a pickle. They'd happily give you one, not least because you little 'un would have wanted it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    And its Bradford, its bound to be shite :p

That's very true :D:p
  • Options
    i haven't been in mcd's for ages, can't stand the thought of eating pureed cow!
    in burger king the burger is actualy recognisable as mince ...or are they cleverly conning me by making their pureed cow lumpy to look and feel like a burger should?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i haven't been in mcd's for ages, can't stand the thought of eating pureed cow!
    in burger king the burger is actualy recognisable as mince ...or are they cleverly conning me by making their pureed cow lumpy to look and feel like a burger should?

pureed cow :lol:

yes, burger king's better. but it's probably just made lumpy, and is a con.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    My local McDonalds (with can either be Bradford or Southampton or any along the motorway connecting the two cities :p ) are all crap.
    I didn't think the Doosy Mac in Southampton was that bad? I never had any trouble anyway :p There's one in London near Nelson's Column that was nice too :D
  • Options
    They deffinately had no salt on and were tasteless :D
    That's the problem with all McDonalds foods. Without the toppings it's all bland, tasteless, crap.
    The McFlurries are excellent, and the shakes are good, but that's about it.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    McDonalds doesn't taste of food. It takes like licking an oily greasy frying pan. :yuck: I swear theres more fat and grease in that stuff than real food. I haven't eaten McDonalds for about 3 years :yes: :D I'd rather spend an extra £1 on some real food in a café or something.
  • Options
    Firstly you were right to complain.

Secondly, urgh. Just plain urgh. :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Mexican ones use a special sauce plus gwatamoli (sp?).
    :lol: You mean guacamole?

I always get Filet o Fish which doesn't seem to be that popular so you either get (a) a cold, stale one which has been sat there since 9am or (b) have to wait ages for one to be cooked by which time everyone I'm with has finished their dinner & I've eaten all my chips. I remember I complained once as it was cold & the McDonalds guy actually opened the bap & put his hand on it to check. I looked at him in disbelief!! :eek2: Would I really take one bite and then say it was cold to get another free one?! Hardly worth it for one bite! The service everywhere in this country is shocking.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Whenever I go to Mcdonalds its the ones in Leeds city centre

Do you know, I couldve run into you like a million times already without realising it... :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samuti
    Do you know, I couldve run into you like a million times already without realising it... :crazyeyes

How freaky! but to be honest, you probably wouldn't want to anyway :p

And I haven't been in McDonalds for a while, I've gone onto Subway for my latest food addiction!
  • Options
    'Course I'd want to :flirt: :p

Yeah, havent been there in awhile either, trying to save money by buying the cheapo student union sandwiches :yeees:
  • Options
    Never been the biggest fan of macdonalds... in London, my friends and i have all decided the chips taste of cheese, go out of london in to Kent where i went to college, and they dont.

They dont put much salt on anymore, but they give u salt and pepper by the sauces and straws-so thats ok.

Pancakes and sausage... what the fucks that about?!!

The OJ is basically very watered down squash in london, although go to Kent where spend all of my time (and always seem to end up in macdonalds due to a combination of lack of money and killer munchies) and the OJ is actually passable for OJ, if a little diluted.

But.... its cheap, reminds me of being a kid and does have gorgeous milkshakes-so as shit as the food is, i seem to spend my whole life queuing up in macdonalds....

oooooh ive got a craving for a bacon double cheeseburger now!

damnit!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samuti
    'Course I'd want to :flirt: :p

Yeah, havent been there in awhile either, trying to save money by buying the cheapo student union sandwiches :yeees:

Fine then, meet me outside the Briggate one in half an hour :p joke! :D

I only ever go in McDonalds if I'm hungry - or on my way home from work, cause hardly anywhere is open at 10:30pm :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by barbie
    :lol: You mean guacamole?

I always get Filet o Fish which doesn't seem to be that popular so you either get (a) a cold, stale one which has been sat there since 9am or (b) have to wait ages for one to be cooked by which time everyone I'm with has finished their dinner & I've eaten all my chips. I remember I complained once as it was cold & the McDonalds guy actually opened the bap & put his hand on it to check. I looked at him in disbelief!! :eek2: Would I really take one bite and then say it was cold to get another free one?! Hardly worth it for one bite! The service everywhere in this country is shocking.

That shouldn't be the case because there's a system whereby burgers and other grilled products are only available for 10 minutes. If they're not sold within that period, they're disguarded.

A huge number of burgers and fish products are cooked upon order - i.e. they are completely fresh.

Your Fillet o Fish has a huge amount of tartar sauce plus half a slice of cheese, I think.

You should just ask to see the shift manager or someone more senior and complain, asking for a replacement or your money back.
  • Options
    Dont usually have a problem with their food, if i do i complain and get a replacement. Simple :)
  • Options

AGREED
    All 3 of the McD's in my area of soton were SHITE! The one on the corner of the highstreet was rarely clean, and never had open toilets, dont get me started on the one in West Key Shopping Centre, or the "drive thru" down near the waterfront.... McDonalds = Crap end of story!!
  • Options
    (I love McDonalds...)
  • Options
    In the US there's no waitresses or waiters in McDonald's. I love to hang out there after school. The stuff is usually hot and fresh because it's so busy...and it's one of the few places that don't mind if we hang out when it's cold outside.
  • Options
    me and my friends ususally run to mcdonalds when we've got the munchies. cuz its the closest fast food place and usually when somebody attempts to cook... well its just not pretty. not too bad though they really need to label which cheeseburgers are special and which ones arent... bastards made me eat oninions one time... we've got 2 of them in this town. one by the highway and one... well by the other highway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    AGREED
    All 3 of the McD's in my area of soton were SHITE! The one on the corner of the highstreet was rarely clean, and never had open toilets, dont get me started on the one in West Key Shopping Centre, or the "drive thru" down near the waterfront.... McDonalds = Crap end of story!!

I forgot there were that many in soton :eek: