Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Massage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone go for professional massage sessions?

If so how much does it cost and do you see benefits quite soon?

Last few days I've had a really sore back, not sure why, maybe sleeping funny or something.

Comments

• Options
    I know one and for an extra tenner you get a had job:naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky

That's a bit more service then I was hoping for!!
  • Options
    I do massages!and not the prossie ones!proper ones but i dont do it as a business or nefin jus my family friends an bf are privileged enough:p but i would advice it there really lovely and as for cost it depends where you go but you could ring around and ask for prices.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    *waves tenner in air* So, when do I get this massage then?
    *re-reads* .....Oh. ...I seeeee! You mean "I know one" as in you know somebody. I thought you meant you know how to give one. Doh! :rolleyes:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Mine cost $60 for an hour, but that doesn't help you much. When I was in England my mum's friend did my massage and I paid about 25 pounds for it, but that was a good discount. I think she charged around 30 to 50 pounds but I'm not too sure :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by angelic girl
    Mine cost $60 for an hour, but that doesn't help you much. When I was in England my mum's friend did my massage and I paid about 25 pounds for it, but that was a good discount. I think she charged around 30 to 50 pounds but I'm not too sure :confused:

£50 ... flipping heck I think I need to change careers.

Actually I give wicked massages .. but don't help me with my back .. I've also being testing out this new garphics tablet I bought for my pc and now my tendons in my hand are killing me .. think I'll return it!!

I think the same way people have Shag buddies I need a massage buddy .. female of course .. couldn't picture myself massaging a guy or vice versa!!

Maybe I'll start a massage club!!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Every month or so at work we have a Company Health Day - and they invite in a Masseur, with all the proper equipment and stuff, and a funny chair.

For a tenner you get a 25 minute massage by an attractive young lady, and it gets you out of work!

I'm pretty handy at massages myself in any lady fancies a go :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    I'm pretty handy at massages myself in any lady fancies a go :)

you know what Ive had a bad back for over a week now, I wonder if anyones into massage :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    you know what Ive had a bad back for over a week now, I wonder if anyones into massage :naughty:
    i'm good but i only do fronts ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

Maybe I'll start a massage club!!
    The first rule of Massage Club is that you do not talk about Massage Club.

The second rule of Massage Club is that you do not talk about Massage Club

No shoes, barefoot only

No shirts or vests

You must massage until your opponent either passes out or taps out.

:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    The first rule of Massage Club is that you do not talk about Massage Club.

The second rule of Massage Club is that you do not talk about Massage Club

No shoes, barefoot only

No shirts or vests

You must massage until your opponent either passes out or taps out.

:D

Sounds good to me.

I was in Costco yesterday and they had the full massage table kit for sale there ... Has anyone seen the movie "Massage" with Mimi Rodgers and the Guy from FX and FX2?

Foot Massages are supposed to be good too ... Does anyone remember Nasty Nick from Big Brother and his Reiki Sessions - that seemed to be the only genuine thing about the guy .. looked interesting, do anyone practise this or has had it done to them?
  • Options
    lol
    breaking rules 1, 2, 4 and 5 :D
    A full massage should cost between £25-£50
    look for someone with an ITEC or ANPT training
    If you want a backrub
    a company called The walkin backrub has branched in Covent Garden, Goodge Street, selfridges, Harrods, and a few more.
    This place rocks (Okay i might be biased cos I used to work there)
    you can get 10, 20 or 30 minutes for 10, 15 and 25 pounds.
    PM me if you want more info...
  • Options
    Think the ideal solution is to find a massage buddy in my area!!

Has anyone had a bad massage?

This girl from the office tried to give me a neck rub once, she was really bad at it!!!
  • Options
    even working as a massage therapist and knowing my stuff I have had some pretty crap massages. but if it don't feel right, its best to give constructive feedback
    If you have a skill then find someone to do swaps with can cut the costs
    eg I got a website, domain, hosting, email, etc in exchange for giving the internet company staff massages.
  • Options
    Ooh, this is topical! :)

I picked up a leaflet at my gym the other day -

Full massage £40 1hr
    Face, neck and shoulder massage £30 40mins
  • Options
    My mum's a massage therapist
    i don't know what's wrong with your back but some remedial massage will very likely help.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    come to edinburgh and i'll give you one for free (not a prostitute one though)

i do massage and would like to do an accredited course. its so much fun. here it costs £40 per hour. my massage tutor is going to be massaging robbie williams soon :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    come to edinburgh and i'll give you one for free (not a prostitute one though)

i do massage and would like to do an accredited course. its so much fun. here it costs £40 per hour. my massage tutor is going to be massaging robbie williams soon :p

Wooo such a great offer, will have to wait until easyjet do some offer to Scotland .. are you near Loch Ness .. I've always wanted to go there .. when I was little I used to wear a Nessy T-Shirt all the time!!

I saw this documentary and in it they had some guy about 26 or something and he goes all over the world doing rich women's nails like Joan Collins and he's a millioniare now just by flying around doing nails!!