Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

moths!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just had one of the little buggers in my room, and spent the last 15 mins trying to kill it, and have succeded! - just wanted to share it with you!!!!!!!!!

kitten :) xxx

Comments

• Options
    Re: moths!
    Originally posted by witch-kitten
    Just had one of the little buggers in my room, and spent the last 15 mins trying to kill it, and have succeded! - just wanted to share it with you!!!!!!!!!

kitten :) xxx

Why kill it?
  • Options
    Re: Re: moths!
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    Why kill it?

Yes, that's bad.

Moths are quite cool really.

It's best to wait for it to fly into a candle.
  • Options
    Re: Re: moths!
    Why kill it?

thats cruel to kill it:(
  • Options
    i'm with you kitten, they are evil.... ive just sat laughing at one in a doctor evil way as it tried to get through a closed window.... dumb ass moth...:lol:
  • Options
    my mum hoovers em up! I just waft them outa the window...sometimes I hit em by accident and they turn to dust..oops:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by juice1984
    i'm with you kitten, they are evil.... ive just sat laughing at one in a doctor evil way as it tried to get through a closed window.... dumb ass moth...:lol:

They are not evil, they are merely smaller creatures than you or I. What right do we have to kill them?
  • Options
    dear god, rise and shine, don't take it too seriously. i dont like moths, you do, i kill them, you don't. lets not fight about it.
  • Options
    I usually catch them in a plastic bag and then release them in the morning (if they survive) - gives them a fighting chance - I hate moth season.

I've made a cover for my window that allows the air in and helps keep the moths out.

I used those plastic grid people use for cross stitching patterns on to, got it from a hobby craft shop, however the moths try and get in through the gaps in the edges.
  • Options
    Originally posted by juice1984
    dear god, rise and shine, don't take it too seriously. i dont like moths, you do, i kill them, you don't. lets not fight about it.

Yes, lets not fight. I just think that it's terrible to kill things when they have done nothing to you. For god's sake, why not just catch them with a tissue and put them outside? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i hate moths.....

i killed one once before, it was all squashed and made the back of my cd case gold.... :chin:

hate the fuckers... i dont like killing them cus it makes me feel like a bitch, so now i just leave the room, cus im chicken! :(
  • Options
    oh dear-what ever have i started!!!!

kitty x
  • Options
    I hate them! They just fly round your head and you can never catch them, just spend ages trying to swat them with a magazine or something! I can't sleep if there's one in my room, I'm paranoid it'll land on me in the night! :nervous:
  • Options
    I havent seen any moths yet? :confused:
  • Options
    i have to kill them because i'm too much of a chicken to catch them!
  • Options
    I fucking hate moths,they fly around annoying the fuck out of you,have killed them before but sometimes i just throw them out the window alive.
  • Options
    Only two things freak me out. Needles. And moths. hate the bastards. I cant get to sleep if they've been in my room because i know there will be more. Best thing to do is put a tea candle out on the side, turn lights off and wait, and then its like little burning planes hehe. Or chase them round with a deodorant can and a lighter.

Bastard things.

Oh, and rise and shine, you really should'nt take it so seriously. Ever stood on an ant? eradicated nits from your hair? stood on a dustmite?

Its all part of the food chain in my view. If killing animals was something bad, then why do many other species do it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k

Oh, and rise and shine, you really should'nt take it so seriously. Ever stood on an ant? eradicated nits from your hair? stood on a dustmite?

Its all part of the food chain in my view. If killing animals was something bad, then why do many other species do it?

i'm not taking it too seriously, i just think thats it's cruel to kill things for no reason at all.
  • Options
    i'm not taking it too seriously, i just think thats it's cruel to kill things for no reason at all.

The same as some animals will kill each other for very little reason?
  • Options
    The same as some animals will kill each other for very little reason?

Mainly for food, but no one can tell them to stop killing each other, can they?
  • Options
    Mainly for food, but no one can tell them to stop killing each other, can they?

Implying that we humans should set the standard...
  • Options
    Implying that we humans should set the standard...

No. We humans shouldn't kill things unnecessarily. How can we set standards for animals?
  • Options
    No. We humans shouldn't kill things unnecessarily. How can we set standards for animals?

so then, youre sugesting [sp..?] that we should all fly around, not touch the floor at all, avoid even the smallest fly etc, to avoid killing any dust mites etc? and stop kids from having nits removed from their hair?
  • Options
    so then, youre sugesting [sp..?] that we should all fly around, not touch the floor at all, avoid even the smallest fly etc, to avoid killing any dust mites etc? and stop kids from having nits removed from their hair?

Lol! No, not at all, i'm suggesting that when we see moths or fly's or spiders etc. we do not kill them, we simply put them outside or something.
  • Options
    It's only a fucking moth,there is no need to go and on like this about it.lol:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Lol! No, not at all, i'm suggesting that when we see moths or fly's or spiders etc. we do not kill them, we simply put them outside or something.

so if you see a nice tasty turkey on someones windowsill you should chuck it outside? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    It's only a fucking moth,there is no need to go and on like this about it.lol:crazyeyes

Yes, but they're evil and MUST be eradicated!
  • Options
    so if you see a nice tasty turkey on someones windowsill you should chuck it outside? :p

Well, that all depends on whether or not you like turkey :p
  • Options
    *goes to find windowsill turkey*

VIVA LA TURKEY RESISTANCE!!!
  • Options
    *goes to find windowsill turkey*

VIVA LA TURKEY RESISTANCE!!!

Lmao

I like turkey.