Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

go back in time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this may have been done before but if you could meet anyone in the world even if it includes goin back in time to meet them who would it be and why?
mine would be roger waters....he was the lead singer of a group around in the 70's and 80's called Pink Floyd. I would meet him because i am a great follower of his music and it got me through some hard times..
love to hear other peoples responses
peace the-macca

Comments

• Options
    If i could go back in time, probably John Lennon and George Harrison, the fact that their music still influences people today amazes me. I would still love to meet Paul McCartney for the same reason. Robert Plant and Jimmy Paige (just to ask how they survived being on stage whilst so drugged up!! :p)
  • Options
    I'd like to go back and meet James Hunt...he was quite cool. ;)
  • Options
    My dad
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    My dad

{HUGZ}

JFK or Martin Luther King. Or the first caveman.
  • Options
    Mmhm, cave men. Or Aztecs - I hear they did a great hot chocolate :D

No, seriously... I'd quite like to go back and talk to my grandad who died when I was 3 - he was a translator and worked in MI5 so it would be quite exciting to chat to him! Alternatively, one of the great creative minds of our past - it's unoriginal but maybe Shakespeare or Dickens, just to see what they were like as people, and whether you could see any of their characters in them.
  • Options
    Winston Churchill , and Jesus.
  • Options
    Jimi hendrix, Bob Marley, Jesus and others i can't think of right now.
  • Options
    Actually yes, I'd have a good chat with Jesus. I need to clear up a few things with him :eek2:
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    I'd go up to Henry VIII and say : "Mate, you're fat and I'll throw you in the river.." and slap him with a damp trout.

Or, on a more serious note, I'd probably go to Egypt many many years ago to see how the Pyramids were REALLY built!!
  • Options
    Possibly Socrates. Possibly Sheakspeare. Possibly James Dean. Maybe Elvis....
  • Options
    Oooo thats tricky because I don't feel know any dead people! Well I mean alive people that are know dead :blush: You all know what I mean!!!! Hehehe :D

Ermmm I suppose I would like to meet my great nana! Apparently when she was younger I looked like her :eek: God she must be gorgeous!! Jokin xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Or the first caveman.

Lol. Like, one day there were no cavemen and the next day, ding! The first caveman appears?!
  • Options
    Hitler, i would love to talk to that guy. He's a fucking evil bastard, but i'd love to talk to him.
  • Options
    Bit of a difficult question, eh? lol

Probably the legal profession and judiciary hundreds of years ago. Would be good to be able to visually compare the changes and the things that still exist. Interesting.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Lol. Like, one day there were no cavemen and the next day, ding! The first caveman appears?!

Yeah he crawled from the belly of the last dinasour that died. I think it was a dipludocus called George but it's been a while since I did history at school so I maybe a little out with the facts. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Yeah he crawled from the belly of the last dinasour that died. I think it was a dipludocus called George but it's been a while since I did history at school so I maybe a little out with the facts. :D

You are. It`s a well known fact his name was Harry.