Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Supporting 2 football teams...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is it unusual to support 2 football teams cuz i support manchester united and huddersfield.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think many people support two teams, especially if they have a non-league/lower division side close to their homes or place of birth.

I support ACF Wimbledon and Real Madrid (the very two ends of the spectrum in football, really :D ) coz I was born in Madrid, and I've been leaving in South London for 10 years.

The trick question for you is, if Man U played Huddersfield in the FA Cup, where would your loyalties lie?
    What if AFC Wimbledon played Real in Europe, what would you do then Al? :p
    Originally posted by Toadborg

I for one would be checking to see if hell had frozen over. Would Wimbledon not have to qualify first? :p:D
    Well I think most people support teams in other competitions they are interested in as well eg i support AC Milan in Italy because they were my favourite team when i started watching italian football (now sadly removed from our screens :mad: )
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    when i started watching italian football (now sadly removed from our screens :mad: )

If you have Sky, Eurosport (412) have Sunday Scudetto every week from Italy!
    The question has been put before me before, and I must say that I'm minded to a Wimbledon victory (due to the time-honoured values of supporting the underdog and seeking an equilibrium of power). On the other hand, losing to AFC Wimbledon would never be allowed to be lived down by Barcelona FC and other Madrid-haters.
    Burton Albion and Derby County. Supported them for 10 and 12 years respectively.
    Originally posted by JsT
    If you have Sky, Eurosport (412) have Sunday Scudetto every week from Italy!

I had heard that but sadly no use to a poor student such as myself.......:(

Well Al if AFC Wimbledon were in Europe maybe they wouldn't be the underdog!
    Well Al if AFC Wimbledon were in Europe maybe they wouldn't be the underdog!

Every team in the world is the underdog when it plays Real Madrid. :p:D
    Re: Supporting 2 football teams...
    Originally posted by urbantrained
    Is it unusual to support 2 football teams cuz i support manchester united and huddersfield.

Almost everyone I know does.
    I don't support 2 teams but I have a 'soft spot' for a team who have been relegated to Div. 1 and play in claret and blue (cos I used to play for them when I was little).
    Boston United and Liverpool. ;)
    Plymouth Argyle and Leeds United, although i do like sheffield United at the mo, i met them in a hotel in Stoke on trent and they were lovely, stripping, phoning us, talking like normal people (well they are), flirting and sweet talking!

I like their manager he is super BUT still gotta be Plymouth (local and Leeds (always supported em)
    Bristol Rovers and ....

Barca due to seeing them twice at the Nou Camp during last years holiday

Forest, first black player for England when I was a lad

East Fife due to chatting some of their fans on the net last year and following the results all season. Funny enough they were the only ones to achieve anything

OK I can't really say I support the last three in the true sense but the soft spot remains :lol:
    Originally posted by BlackArab

East Fife due to chatting some of their fans on the net last year and following the results all season. Funny enough they were the only ones to achieve anything

Complete with kiddy-fiddling chairman too :eek:

My heart will always be with Aberdeen, but I like to see Inverness Caley doing well, as my first ever game was an old Caledonian game in 88.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Every team in the world is the underdog when it plays Real Madrid. :p:D

How is it they may win nothing this season then? :confused::p
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Complete with kiddy-fiddling chairman too :eek:

My heart will always be with Aberdeen, but I like to see Inverness Caley doing well, as my first ever game was an old Caledonian game in 88.

Is this true? has he been prosecuted? as you can imagine the papers down south aren't exactly overflowing with news from the Scottish lower divisions.
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Is this true? has he been prosecuted? as you can imagine the papers down south aren't exactly overflowing with news from the Scottish lower divisions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2129929.stm
    speechless......
    I don't think it is unusual afterall dont most people support England and something else?
    Good point everyone supports a club and an international team really..........
    Surprised Jacarande made a good pint in soccer- just doesn't seem your thing.

But the INternationl scene backs it up with say Liverpool fans cheering on Hamann thehn booing Germany when Hamann is playing etc etc:

I supporta a team in most leagues, Liverpool and Celtic being the big ones. When they play I support Liverpool- its where your true loyalties lie
    When I was lil I got into footy when Villa played man U and half the class supported villa, half man u. I chose Villa. Then I saw an international at villa park followed by numerous seasons there.

My bro was a wolves fan as was my dad. I always wanted them to win and it took me a while to admit I supported them-even when I went to their matches!

Then I stopped feelong guilty about supporting two teams when I heard someone say that its ok as long as they are in different divisions!

Now wolves are up! Eek! I cant support both! OOOh loyalties. Though to be honest Wolves seem a more family orientated club, are closer to me and are letting Bonjovi play there!