Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Games and songs for kids

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to work on a summer camp in America for the summer, I wondered if anyone knows any good games and/or songs that I can play and teach the children?

I used to know lots from Brownies but my memory is failing me, please help.

Comments

• Options
    How about a parenting website? What ages will they be?
  • Options
    Head, shoulders, knees and toes.....knees and toes
    Head, shoulders, knees and toes.....knees and toes
    and
    Eyes and ears and mouth and nose
    Head, shoulders, knees and toes

Sing the song and do the actions :D

Cant think of no more, I will ask little un for some songs and games tomorrow :)

Jamie it depends on the age of the kids, you get a dozen 6/8 yr olds and they love the traditional sing a long games :)
  • Options
    Thanks for replies, I know kids really like songs when they go on camp!

They will be aged 8-16 so especially the younger ones.
  • Options
    I was working for Keycamp as a kids courier last summer so know heaps of games and stuff. If you're taking the kids on a walk anywhere (even to get from one side of the camp to another) then you've GOT to do the "everywhere we go song"

wink murder was another big hit among all ages - even the teenagers liked that one.

i haven't got much time here but if you want more info PM me
  • Options
    have you searched around the net? or visited any libraries? these places can seriously help
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    have you searched around the net? or visited any libraries? these places can seriously help
    Really, a library?? Hmmmm.

Anyway, you ask the stupidest questions which could easily be answered by using the net (or a package known as "the calculator" that comes with all PCs) :p
  • Options
    I have looked in the library but didn't find anything. The internet is not much good for songs because I need to know the tune.
  • Options
    i bet you once your there, the kids will already know a million things. like one game is everybodies in a big circle and one person has to leave and then one person in the circle is picked to be 'it' and then the other person comes back and the it person has to stick out their tounge at people to 'kill' them or whatever and then the person who left has to try and guess who it is, but the it person has to be sneaky... yea... girlscout camp... i've got a million of them :p
  • Options
    I posted the sing-along poem "The Lady That Swallowed A Fly in this thread. It's a lot of fun with kids, and really gets their imagination going :)

:)

p.s. done at request of BeckyBoo :)