Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Madonna knocks American materialism/buys 13 million mansion.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anti-material girl
gets manse fever

Madonna

Madonna has a funny way of renouncing materialism. Even as she rails against the shallowness of our consumer culture on her song "American Life," her Madge-sty has traded up to a $13 million spread in Beverly Hills. It was only a few weeks ago that she listed her previous Beverly Hills home - which she bought from Diane Keaton in 2000 - for $10.9 million. The 7,000-square-foot Spanish-style hacienda, built in the 1920s, has eight bedrooms and a guesthouse. But apparently that wasn't enough.
She and husband Guy Ritchie have now snapped up the 11,600-square-foot mansion that actress Sela Ward and her husband, Howard Sherman, put on the market a few days ago. The French Norman-style house, built three years ago, sits on 1.17 acres off Sunset Blvd. It has seven bedrooms, 15 bathrooms, a screening room, a library, a gym, a sauna, two guesthouses, a tennis court, a steam room and a 60-foot swimming pool.

The singer is in Los Angeles getting ready to shoot the video for her next single, "Hollywood," in which we hear she goes glam in an assortment of multi-hued wigs. But we're sure she's absolutely sick about succumbing again to American life. Which may be why she made a donation - said to be several million dollars - to London's Kabbalah Center for a bigger place for her to worship.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She might have 'knocked' materialism but it was a piss poor single wasnt it.
    As for the house, why have double the number of bathrooms as bedrooms, does she expect her guests to need two at the same time?
    I was wondering that too. I don't get it.

Those "homes" in Beverly Hills sound more like hotels to me.
    shes such a hypocrit i hate her she should just never release any more songs and preferably not bother me again
    I just think she should stick to making dance records and quit trying to preach to us about ....anything.
    Well said PNJ. Stick to making trashy pop and dance tunes that you can bop away to in a nightclub or in your bedroom, without her pathetic attempts to preach to us.

I seem to remember her having a song "papa dont preach" - perhaps she should rework it for the new millenium "Madonna dont preach" - its not big and its not clever:naughty: