Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

at least i've learnt something on this site.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i learned that my spelling and grammar are as bad as they were 30yrs ago ...

Comments

• Options
    Hehe. Alot of people type in short hand here so spelling and grammar doesn't really matter. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Musicalmidget
    Hehe. Alot of people type in short hand here so spelling and grammar doesn't really matter. :p
    only a newcomer would say that round here midget!
  • Options
    I gave up on another board because the writing was so bad I couldn't work out what they were saying half the time.

At least everyone here makes an effort to write clearly .. only thing I'd suggest is some people have more meaningful headings.
  • Options
    I sometimes write to fast my spelling is all over the place
  • Options
    My keyboard is wearing out - the vowels are shot to hell!!

It's a very expensive microsoft keyboard too, wonder if it covered by a warranty - it's about 2 years old though!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Groovaybaby*
    ive realised theres not as many annoying newbies typing everything in text talk anymore.

That got violent at one point. So many Newbies got flamed.
    :D

Mmm. Them were the days ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    My keyboard is wearing out - the vowels are shot to hell!!

It's a very expensive microsoft keyboard too, wonder if it covered by a warranty - it's about 2 years old though!!

:yes: I replaced my keyboard at christmas because you couldn't see any of the letters you use a lot. However, that was some shitty shallow clacky one, and now i have a lovely microsoft one which seems to work quite well and doesn't clack as much *strokes keyboard*

Thing is, the flaming newbies thing has been going on for years, thesite has actually gotten more tolerant because i remember when people used to get pissed if you used like, a u instead of you and stuff like that. Though i do think turtle was just using it as an excuse to let off steam sometimes...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    [B Though i do think turtle was just using it as an excuse to let off steam sometimes... [/B]
    the turtle is dead ...long live the turtle.