Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is there any chance of getting pregnant from pre-cum?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...well...?

Comments

• Options
    pre-cum has sperm in it. So yes.

And just to scare the bejeezus out of you people even more, i actually know someone who was concieved like that.

So. USE CONDOMS ALL THE TIME!!!
  • Options
    YUP!!

"Fluid released from the penis during the early stages of an erection can contain sperm and organisms that can caused STI's and pregnancy"
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    And just to scare the bejeezus out of you people even more, i actually know someone who was concieved like that.

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! didn't realise it was that bad :eek:
  • Options
    YUP!! :)
  • Options
    yup yup yup lol whyzzz??? sowwy im nosey!
  • Options
    Originally posted by **TiNk**
    yup yup yup lol whyzzz??? sowwy im nosey!

don't worry. i was askin cos i really dont wanna get pregnant and i wanted to know if pre-cum could get me pregnant.
  • Options
    Originally posted by **grunge gurl**
    don't worry. i was askin cos i really dont wanna get pregnant and i wanted to know if pre-cum could get me pregnant.

Yeah take in whats already been said :)
  • Options
    Yes, that's why using condoms and another form of contraceptive such as the pill makes it more or less 100% safe(r).!
  • Options
    YES!!! Either get on the pill or use another type of birth control!!
  • Options
    VERY SCARY THING !!!

The nurse at my GP surgery was giving me a row for not being careful and she said if you get cum on your inner thighs, sperm can wriggle up inside you and you can get pregnant like that. Dunno if thats true or she was trying to scare the hell out of me (worked).:eek:
  • Options
    does nobody consider hiv any more? not only could you end up pregnant you could end up with hiv! :( its all very well saying go on the pill, thats responsible but the pill doesnt prevent stds or hiv. think about it :no:
  • Options
    You are right and I am stupid.:)
  • Options
    im not meaning to sound horrible but its fact. girls(and guys) are worried about pregnancy and they think the pill is the answer to all but like i say it doesnt stop hiv from being spread and then that leads to aids which not only can kill you but makes you very very ill b4 it does! people now adays seem to have forgotten all about hiv!
  • Options
    You don't sound horrible:) What you are saying is right. With my next bloke (ever an optimist me!!) I will use condoms and the pill, cos now I am so worried about getting preggers and the rest.
  • Options
    Wee wuman, no one has forgotten about HIV. It's just that this particular question was related to pregnancy, not STIs. If you're in a stable relationship and both of you are clean from STIs, then the Pill is a reliable way of preventing pregnancy. You can't catch an STI from someone if they don't have it in the first place! It goes without saying that you should use a condom if you don't know about your partner's sexual history.

As for the question... in a word... yes. But that's already been emphasised enough, I think.

That's why the withdrawal method is unreliable. Even if the man pulls out before he's ejaculated, the woman can still get pregnant from his pre-cum.
  • Options
    And also, byny mentioned catching STIs from pre-cum in the second post in this thread. It's nice to see we're such a responsible lot.
  • Options
    oh dearie me. i was wonderin this a while ago actually. that's annoying! though i'm on the pill anyway... but i don't trust it personally lol, it's too small and innocent looking :p