Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What happened over here yesterday.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yesterday morning, at about 1am, a 15 year old girl's body was found about 5 minutes drive from my house.
They dont know how she died.
She was found on a pile of glass, and two men, one 27, one 37, were arrested close to the scene for supplying class A drugs in the area. The police think it might all be connected.

I just wanted to say how tragic and disturbing I find this, and whatever happens, I hope it never has to happen to anyone again. I cant begin to imagine what Tania's (the girl) family are going through, and whatever happened needs to be discovered soon, in order for action to be taken against those who were involved, if anyone was.

I thinks its heart-breaking that so many young people are losing their lives, often through no fault of their own, in situations that could be avoided.

I wish to take this opportunity to say Rest In Peace to the poor girl, and god forbid this has to happen to anyone else. But I dare say we all know it will.

Everyone's hearts are going out to her family right now.

Comments

• Options
    gosh, thats horrid :(
    I wish her family and friends all the best, its really hard when you lose someone you love so much.

Being so close to you....you must be quite freaked out...
  • Options
    Yes I am. At first it was made out to be a murder, but now rumoured to be a possible drug related death. But of course nothing has been disclosed officially yet.

Nothing like this usually happens too close to me, as I live in a nice area. This happened on one of the estates that starts to link my suburb to the town, so its quite shocking. We haven't had anything like this (suspected murder) for many years. In fact, I was only a kid when the last suspicious death happened. It is quite frightening, especially for those of us with children, but its not llike we've got a known serial killer wandering around. I thin the main thing is for it to get sorted now, so the family can start to mourn her properly, and whatever "see you next tuesday" is responsible for her death, can be dealt with.
  • Options
    There are people all over the world dieing whether they are rich, poor, young, old yes its upsetting but life for others goes on. It is especially sad for people near you to leave this world or people you don't know but feel close to in some way like they are famous or as in this case lived near you. I'm sorry it happens death sickens me.

As for drugs being involved then I hate the idea that this girl may have followed other sheep or she felt her life wasn't worth living anymore whatever the case, whatever the reason. I'm sorry, I wish we could do more to help the situation but we on thesite can only but use words to show how much we hate what has happened and feel upset.
  • Options
    In the US, in school it's uncool to say: I don't do drugs.
    So I'm uncool then.:cool:

Wish that girl had said "no".
  • Options
    Oh Jacaranda I of all people know that. I dont expect anyone to try and do anything, there's nothing anyone can do. I was just expressing my grief at the situation.

A friend of mine died two years ago. He was doing his GCSE's, and had finished his last exam so they all went on the piss. His friend was under the influence of drugs, and as Joe sat on the bonnet of the car, having a beer, his friend, who was sat in driving seat, slipped onto the accelerator, Joe fell off, and the car wheel went straight over his neck killing him instantly. It was just the two of them, in a field, messing about with a car.

Another friend of mine's brother, he commited suicide by jumping off a building in town because he owed so much money to his drug dealer for his heroin addiction.

My uncle, who also commited suicide, was on a cocktail of drugs and alcohol and suffereing from severe depression when he hung himself.

As was a family friend of ours, all in the past three years.

I think its so desperate, and so upsetting what drugs can do to people, and no one realises unless their parent, sibling or close friend has died after using drugs. No one listens or does anything about it, for themselves I mean. People just wont get help, and it ends in possibly the worst tragedy in the world.

There's always going to be an international fued going on, a war somewhere, a murder, a terrorist attack. And these things will go on for the end of time. But our lives dont; they only last 70, 80, possibly 90 years. And in this short space of time we'll all see the world's pain, the world's fear and the world's disasters, but the thing that hurts us the most, the one thing that really hurts us, is the death of a loved one. That is one thing that often we never get over. And sometimes, for people who have lost loved ones, their lives never do carry. They simply cant.

What Im trying to say is that, in the grand scheme of things, I guess nothing else really does matter to us, nothing but our own lives, our own hopes, our own fears, and our own insecurities, not enough to really destroy us. Not enough to devastate us enough to our own mortality.

I guess we all need to look a little bit closer sometimes.
  • Options
    god thats awful! :crying:
  • Options
    Thats so sad i had a relative die of a drugs overdose and it kinda leaves you speechless..thats such a sad thing to happen. one of my parents works in a prison and says the way drugs have wrecked so many peoples lives is horrible:( hopefully she wont be remembered for the wa she died but how good life may have been to her and her life is celebrated as well as mourned.
    xxx