Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Welsh users.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who's living in South Wales on this forum?

And if anyone can speak Welsh?

Comments

• Options
    Nope, sorry.

God thats such a lie coz i'm not sorry :/
  • Options
    Dwi'n siarad cymraeg... yn dipyn bach....

I'm from North Wales and speak a smidgen of Welsh.
  • Options
    Re: Welsh users.
    Originally posted by Hardcore Prawn
    Who's living in South Wales on this forum?

*lick*
  • Options
    dim parcio. dim ysmogiyu.
    ruint degarry de carriad.
  • Options
    Rydw i'n byw yn Casnewydd ac yn weithio yn Caerdydd. My O'Level Cymraeg gyda fi o 1986!...and so therefore my welsh is not what it was...but I can understand it, and I do live in south Wales.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    dim parcio. dim ysmogiyu.

No parking, no smoking?! Bizarre :p

I don't speak welsh, but i do understand a bit... i just got back from visiting my mamgu in aberaeron :)
  • Options
    I well hav chaps with tha! :p That's as good as my Welsh accent gets. :D

I'll be moving to North Wales in September.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    I well hav chaps with tha! :p That's as good as my Welsh accent gets. :D

:D:D Thats funny. In cardiff they say 'What it is like is' for example..

"what it is like is, a saws this book and I shouldsa bought it when i saws it but nows I wants it..it had red in the title like, do you knows which one I mean?"

In newport they say " I went dewn tewn with a pewnd"
  • Options
    It's really silly, but when my parents and I go on day trips, such as on a bank holiday, my mum and I often put on a very convincing Welsh accent. It annoys my dad, but it's very funny. :D
  • Options
    Y'know, reading it out loud makes me realise how stupid my accent really sounds.

I'm just like you though byny, I'm starting to lose my grasp of the language and I'm fluent too!
  • Options
    the welsh language has no relavence. it will die. it's just a quaint curiosity and has no international use. what is it ...about 30% of welsh people speak it? it's about as relavent as the horse and cart.
  • Options
    aH - BUT TO THAT 30% IT IS RELEVANT SO THERE WE GO. i COULD ARGUE ABOUT THIS ALL DAY BUT THERES NO POINT SO i WON'T
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    aH - BUT TO THAT 30% IT IS RELEVANT SO THERE WE GO. i COULD ARGUE ABOUT THIS ALL DAY BUT THERES NO POINT SO i WON'T
    thats a good welsh argument for you ...innit!
  • Options
    ah welsh is nice. that's all i have to say since i'm irish and can't speak it. :confused:
  • Options
    the welsh language has no relavence. it will die. it's just a quaint curiosity and has no international use. what is it ...about 30% of welsh people speak it? it's about as relavent as the horse and cart.

That's true to a point. In some of wales (ie, the bits that aren't cities), it's still the first language of a lot of people, i went to visit my new baby cousins Owain and Bleddyn, and they have an older brother, Gwern, who is... 4 maybe? And he speaks welsh, it's his first language. He also speaks english, but he mainly uses welsh. And that's the language they use at home, and for a lot of people i know it's like that - my mum, even though she was bought up in london, was fluent in welsh because they spoke it at home all the time, and at the London Welsh hall and places like that.

Also, it's still compulsary in welsh schools to learn it :p
  • Options
    Is from south wales:D and i think the welsh language is shite it sounds really horrible it sounds like your shouting at someone and as for speaking it i can say hello and my name?and not much else but am made to do a bloody GCSE init!obvioulsy im gona pass that one:p
  • Options
    all this welshness is confusing me....

im from london, my mates from london -his mums welsh, he knows nobody else who is welsh and has never been to wales in his life...

but has the strongest bloody welsh accent going.

..ramdom comment..
  • Options
    im from Cardiff but ive lived in England for 11 years since i was 6. Ive lost my accent of course. :( I couldnt speak welsh
  • Options
    The Welsh accent is great! :D :thumb:
  • Options
    do u really think its sound great?i dont like it most of the time you dont hear it because everyone else sounds the same but when you go on hols you feel really stupid and people say that i sound like im singing what im sayin?
  • Options
    Yeah, I genuinely like it, although like any accent, if it's too broad it's not so nice. :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I love the Welsh accent too provided its not too strong.
  • Options
    Nice to see there's a forum without a bunch of idiots on it.

The language is probably dying out, but I'd say that's because of foreigners in here. Not that I mind but if you're living in another part of the world - e.g. Germany, then you really have to make an effort to learn the native tongue. We should make it compulsary here too :p
  • Options
    I can speak Welsh . . not very well but I can :) I was born in England though, but I have lived her pretty much all of my life! Hahaha :lol: sonds funny since I am only 16! But yeah I suppose I class myself Welsh ( sometimes :rolleyes: )
  • Options
    thats a good welsh argument for you ...innit!

But theres no point me arguing as you have made up your mind that it is a useless language. My energy would be much better spent on other things! :)
  • Options
    Let's not forget that Wales is an actual country, with its own language, customs, identity and suchlike, although this is of course often ignored. I think that Wales should retain part of its individuality, be it its language or something, instead of becoming increasingly English, although its association with England is undoubtedly very important, in terms of the law, transport, currency and different things.
  • Options
    dwi'n hoffi coffi. :p
  • Options
    Vorni - Do you like PAAAARSTIES and FAAANTAAA?

Awesome avatar by the way.
  • Options
    Vorni - Do you like PAAAARSTIES and FAAANTAAA?

Awesome avatar by the way.

i likes sosej and pys, i do. theyr koowul :D:D
  • Options
    Nice to see there's a forum without a bunch of idiots on it.

The language is probably dying out, but I'd say that's because of foreigners in here. Not that I mind but if you're living in another part of the world - e.g. Germany, then you really have to make an effort to learn the native tongue. We should make it compulsary here too :p
    in germany ...german is their first language and it is spoken around the world. in wales ...70% of the welsh people speak english as their first languge. it's not a recognised language of business and commerce anywhere on the planet so why force people to learn it?