Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

bow to the people of the north.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
here i am, all on my own. just checked who's on line ...nobody.
lazy bunch of gits, still in bed!
did you know that the people from the north west of england invented the modern world? it all started in manchester and liverpool. technology, steam, automation, factory production etc.
for thousands of years nothing much changed. horse and cart. sail ship. living on the land. then came THEE revolution of revolutions! the industrial revolution appeared as if like magic, in the north west of england. so you can thank us northerners for the modern world you live in ...or blame us.
«13

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    morning :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bad seed
    morning :D
    good morning ...you haven't been to bed at all or your over 25.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tis soo true! The north rules :D

    PS: Morning...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by faerielights
    Tis soo true! The north rules :D

    PS: Morning...
    GOOOOD MORNING hebdon bridge!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In fact Thomas Savery invented the steam engine and he was a Devon man. So was Thomas Newcomen who improved the design.

    It was from repairing a Newcomen engine that Watt had his ideas to further improve it.

    :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    In fact Thomas Savery invented the steam engine and he was a Devon man. So was Thomas Newcomen who improved the design.

    It was from repairing a Newcomen engine that Watt had his ideas to further improve it.

    :p
    thats not fair. it's just not fair at all.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    thats not fair. it's just not fair at all.

    What, that Watt gets all the credit? Ooh, I know, I know. :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    GOOOOD MORNING hebdon bridge!

    :nervous: :eek2: :nervous:

    And its Hebden ;)

    And the northener was still the one who brought it into fame and fortune, so another one to us methinks!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by faerielights
    And the northener was still the one who brought it into fame and fortune, so another one to us methinks!

    Wouldn`t have had anything to improve without us tho, would he?!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bloody poncy southeners with their fancy ideas, it's us northeners what end up doing the bloody dirty work.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    bloody poncy southeners with their fancy ideas, it's us northeners what end up doing the bloody dirty work.

    Is Birmingham "the north" then?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Is Birmingham "the north" then?
    don't bring that old black country stuff into it. don't listen to her ...she's trying to trick me.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    don't bring that old black country stuff into it. don't listen to her ...she's trying to trick me.

    Noo, I just ask cause Boulton was Brummie... and after Watt trying fruitlessly for 6 years to get his condensing engine to work and with his patent running out, he arrives in Birmingham, teams up with Boulton and voila! Who pulls it all together at the last minute?!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Noo, I just ask cause Boulton was Brummie... and after Watt trying fruitlessly for 6 years to get his condensing engine to work and with his patent running out, he arrives in Birmingham, teams up with Boulton and voila! Who pulls it all together at the last minute?!
    oh dear ...i think i'll have to back to bed.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    oh dear ...i think i'll have to back to bed.

    OK, I`m done tormenting you, I gotta get the kids their brekkie!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    OK, I`m done tormenting you, I gotta get the kids their brekkie!
    phew ...quick while she's gone ...come on northeners i need your help! i've dug myself a hole. i wasn't expecting anyone clever on here ...well there isn't usualy is there.
    theres just you lazy studenty types who know buggar all. the one time i come on here early in the morning and i end with someone who's clever ...you just don't expect people like that in a place like this do you.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah , the North (all the way up to the Scottish border) rules , above it is unexplored wasteland , and below it is a bunch of ponces.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Yeah , the North (all the way up to the Scottish border) rules , above it is unexplored wasteland , and below it is a bunch of ponces.

    Well there`s a stereotypical response.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    to be honest, it's better than what someone who'd never been north of watford would have come up with :D

    I know you`re joking, but if you mean me I lived in Newcastle for a few years. :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    i meant what i said about birmingham though :p

    Lol.

    There are twats everywhere, it`s an epidemic.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the north west is an amazing place of wonders

    oh yes and good morning!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm a Southwesterner :p But good afternoon anyway. ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Yeah , the North (all the way up to the Scottish border) rules , above it is unexplored wasteland , and below it is a bunch of ponces.
    i'm from the "unexplored wasteland" then, is everyone forgetting that it was Scottish ppl that invented some of the most used inventions today ie television and telephone
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by rushin
    i'm from the "unexplored wasteland" then, is everyone forgetting that it was Scottish ppl that invented some of the most used inventions today ie television and telephone

    Not to mention car tyres, anaesthetic, tarmac and penecillin!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Not to mention car tyres, anaesthetic, tarmac and penecillin!
    exactly, see how clever we are:yes:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Yeah , the North (all the way up to the Scottish border)

    Nope! Us Southern Fairys are much better :p




    where's Seed for back up when I need him?!!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    i don't really care where someone's from as long as they're not a twat. i just seem to encounter more southern twats than northern ones.
    :yes:

    Agreed Ellie! :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    anyone south of birmingham is french!
Sign In or Register to comment.