Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

IRC tutorial

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There is a tutorial on how to use IRC at 7.00pm tonight if anyone is interested.

Just type /server irc.quakenet.org


then

/join #tutorial


in the box at the bottom

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What is the address?
    Also, how do you join The Site chat?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    What is the address?

    irc.quakenet.org

    you need an IRC client, such as mIRC or any others...which can be found via google. There's a load of them.

    channel for thesite chat is #thesite.org (i think)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    What is the address?
    Also, how do you join The Site chat?

    There are so many threads on how to get there. Do a search. :)

    I would explain but its far to complicated for my little brain.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    There are so many threads on how to get there. Do a search. :)

    I would explain but its far to complicated for my little brain.
    Yes, I am well aware of how to get there, what I wanted to know was what the address was (ie. #thesite.org ) but thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Yes, I am well aware of how to get there, what I wanted to know was what the address was (ie. #thesite.org ) but thanks anyway.

    yep, it's /join #thesite.org
Sign In or Register to comment.