Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hangovers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At what age do you start getting them? I've been pissed last night and tonight and I haven't had one. In fact I've never had one, not even when I was nearly taken to hospital to get my stomach pumped.

Comments

• Options
    If I just drunk the 'normal' amount for me, I will probably have a headache the next day. I probably started getting them when I started going out properly. :p

When a friend and I went out a month or so ago, I decided to experiment by only drinking bottles (lager). Despite drinking quite a few, I felt totally fine the next day. I wonder, then, how pints affect you more - is it just to do with quantity per glass (pint vs bottle), because the strength was virtually identical?
  • Options
    I am so hungover. Everything fuzzy... bleurgh
  • Options
    I get much worse hangovers if I drink Vodka :yuck: Otherwise I'm usually alright....
  • Options
    i get awful hangovers.every single time. maybe my body is telling me not to drink...oh well:D
    xxx
  • Options
    ive only ever had one hangover and its put me off drinking for a while.
  • Options
    I hardly drink so never had a proper hangover - however after a night's clubbing I always feel wrecked in the morning and feel like what I'd imagine a mild hangover to feel like.

Anyway I have a theory that perhaps this is due to the high smoke levels in clubs and absorbing the drugs from ciggies in the skin and by breathing them in.

Once I have a shower an wash the smoke smeel out of my hair, etc I feel a lot better .. don't know if there are any other non smoker and light drinkers that feel the same way?
  • Options
    I think I started to get hangovers when I was about 20. The best thing to do is drink acouple of pints of water before you go to bed and you won't get as bad hangover.
  • Options
    I dont normally get hangovers. Think Ive had one proper one where I was sick several times the day after and had no energy at all.I can get totally tipsy and have like a dodgy stomach the next day or afterwards but not much.
  • Options
    Like DiamondGeezer, I never drink all that much but the morning after I tend to wake up with a bad headache because of the smoke. It's the same when I've been at work (in a restaurant) and it has been particularly smoky the night before.
  • Options
    I dont get hangovers. :D

But if i drink vodka i have nightmares. :/
  • Options
    I never get hangovers cause I don't drink :p Alcohol is devil juice. :yes: