Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

to eat it or not to eat it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bacon. Im a vegetarian of 5 years now. Should I or shouldn't I?

I really really fancy some, but it's going to have to be cooked perfectly for me to enjoy it.

Or should I just assume its a craving im having and will go away when Im not pregnant? *In need of some unbiased help* :thumb: ta.

Comments

• Options
    Do you feel very strongly about being a vegetarian?
  • Options
    I used too, but its a bit less tight now, i used to not eat ANY gelatine or anything, but now if I fancy a jelly sweet you can usually make me eat one. Only eat free range eggs and stuff though.
  • Options
    Hmm tough one...

Thing is, if you do have some bacon, yeah it'll take the craving away, but afterwards you'll probably feel like crap because you gave up 5 years of being a vegetarian just for one craving.

Meh.
  • Options
    get something that tastes like becon....
  • Options
    Get some bacon crisps or something :p
  • Options
    Have tried that...

ooh i dunno. Cant do anything now anyway cuz my brother's here and he's a big cock and if he sees me cooking meat he'll point and laugh and that'll put me right off.

cheers though, Im gonna try summit whatever it is!
  • Options
    Don't eat it. Simple.

I haven't eaten bacon for years, although I like the smell of it. I know if I were to eat any I would be so annoyed with myself and in the end it would be such a let down, not what u expected
  • Options
    Don't eat it. I love meat but you've stayed off it for a long time so I'd stay strong and not touch the stuff. You'll be glad later when the cravings go :)
  • Options
    you can get these things called streaky strips which are vegetarian bacon. i used to love them when i was veggie. you get them in the freezer cabinet with all the other veggie stuff
  • Options
    Re: to eat it or not to eat it?
    Originally posted by badabing
    Bacon. Im a vegetarian of 5 years now. Should I or shouldn't I?

I really really fancy some, but it's going to have to be cooked perfectly for me to enjoy it.

Or should I just assume its a craving im having and will go away when Im not pregnant? *In need of some unbiased help* :thumb: ta.

** WARNING ADVERT YOUR EYS IF SQUIMISH ***
    May be this thought will help you .. a friend in the fire service told me many firemen don't eat pork cos it smells just like human flesh when it's been burnt in a fire
  • Options
    I've never eaten bacon in my life, or any other meat so I have no idea what I'm missing. If someone told me I ought to give up ice cream (for example) for health reasons and I had a craving I'd have to have it!!
  • Options
    I think you should scoff a bacon sarnie.
    Just imagine that sandwich. White bread, toasted until a lovely brown colour, crunchy, but soft in the centre. The bacon, those reddish pink strips, glistening and peeking from the bread, and a dollop of thick, tasty, brown sauce covering the bacon. All sprinkled with a little salt and pepper to taste.
    Imagine sinking your teeth in to that. The taste of bread, crispy bacon, then brown sauce, flooding in to your mouth as you bite through it.
    Go on. Have one. You know you want to! :yum:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    kill the pig. put it on a spit and listen to it crackle. lick those juices ...mmmmm.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    kill the pig. put it on a spit and listen to it crackle. lick those juices ...mmmmm.

:yum:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I think you should scoff a bacon sarnie.
    Just imagine that sandwich. White bread, toasted until a lovely brown colour, crunchy, but soft in the centre. The bacon, those reddish pink strips, glistening and peeking from the bread, and a dollop of thick, tasty, brown sauce covering the bacon. All sprinkled with a little salt and pepper to taste.
    Imagine sinking your teeth in to that. The taste of bread, crispy bacon, then brown sauce, flooding in to your mouth as you bite through it.
    Go on. Have one. You know you want to! :yum:

Mr_Wobble ;)

how unusual is that?....... mr wobble posting something in detail and quite decsriptive that dont involve sex!

'Tis not normal i tell ya! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael
    how unusual is that?....... mr wobble posting something in detail and quite decsriptive that dont involve sex!

lol!
  • Options
    Go for it mate! :D
  • Options
    mmmmmm just had a bacon sandwich :yum:

I wouldnt if I was you though, you'll hate yourself for it afterwards!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael

Ah, but you forgot what a "Bacon Sandwich" is a nickname for! :naughty::D

Mr_Wobble ;)